Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on September 01, 2015, 05:49:49 PM
GP is doing all the work now, I'm just along for the ride.
You're too modest. To get there you need to have a very good feeling for what they (GP) are doing. It doesn't work by itself, unless it's very good balanced. In every aspect. And I must say, as always; very good work.

You haven't shown the profession list lately. If you suspect, that a disease caused that trouble you had some 100 years ago. How many doctors do you have. And what are your thoughts about location of hospitals. Because I think now, the only thing that really can disturb the balance, is a really bad disease. So I suppose you have more doctors in good locations than usually.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on September 02, 2015, 01:37:10 AM
You're too modest. To get there you need to have a very good feeling for what they (GP) are doing. It doesn't work by itself, unless it's very good balanced. In every aspect. And I must say, as always; very good work.

Thanks @Nilla:)

Quote from: Nilla on September 02, 2015, 01:37:10 AM
You haven't shown the profession list lately. If you suspect, that a disease caused that trouble you had some 100 years ago. How many doctors do you have. And what are your thoughts about location of hospitals. Because I think now, the only thing that really can disturb the balance, is a really bad disease. So I suppose you have more doctors in good locations than usually.

That steeper than normal die-off was 450 325 years ago  ;) :D The professions list has changed very little since then. I now have fewer farmers (changed a number of wheat fields to beans, and cut back all bean fields to a single farmer) and more traders (20/TP; it's the only way I can be sure to have enough goods--esp ale, venison, and mutton--available for trade every time the merchants come). I'll put up the professions panel in the next picture.

I now have 10 hospitals, most of them in good locations, but there is one near the middle of town that isn't really in such a good spot. I've done what I could to make its location unattractive as a thoroughfare, but there are always local workers nearby, mainly farmers.  Of course the trade off always is, is it better to have one in a less than ideal location, or to make sick bannies walk farther to get to their hospital?

I get disease outbreaks quite often, every year or two it seems, and I've watched many of them sputter out, limited to patient 0 or to the second generation. Only one outbreak really took hold, cholera IIRC, and even that one only infected ~30-40 at its peak. GP is not a dense town, and I think that in my case here this is more important than hospitals in keeping outbreaks from going out of control.

irrelevant

Year 749 - the power went out shortly after 0900 today, so the game wasn't running for nearly nine hours  :(

Here's the bad hospital and the professions panel.

irrelevant

Year 800

You can see on the professions tab that there are fewer workers than slots for some jobs (farmers, choppers, etc). Pop fell below the number of job assignments just slightly. Now on the way back up, you can see the new laborers

irrelevant

Year 806

The latest graphs.

Production limits and stats.

Nilla

I´ve said it before; these graphs are so impressive! Go for the 1000!  :)

irrelevant

@Nilla I am, I am! :)

Year 891

Nothing very interesting is happening. GP would be much farther along, but just about 45 minutes after I left home for 18 hours on Friday evening, a cat took a stroll across my keyboard and stepped on the spacebar. ::)

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on September 06, 2015, 10:28:40 AM
GP would be much farther along, but just about 45 minutes after I left home for 18 hours on Friday evening, a cat took a stroll across my keyboard and stepped on the spacebar. ::)

Yea, the computer cats! To my experience, they like it even more when a human tries to do some work at the computer.  ;D

irrelevant

Just sitting here with my assistants trying to reach 1000.

I mouse lefthanded, so the black and white one is really helping a lot. ::)

Year 944, three years per hour on 10X (sigh).

OldnRetired

I guess you have no trouble getting an accurate "Cat-Scan" ....... Two at a time !!!

irrelevant

@OldnRetired I have four cats, sometimes they all help. That's often when I walk away.  ;);D

irrelevant

Barring power failures, crashes, and helpful cats, today should be the day! This morning I left GP running on 2X, year 990.

irrelevant