News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on September 12, 2015, 03:04:52 PM
Interesting. One question: Do you cut with 4 cutters or less? As far as I have noticed the gatherers produce less if you cut heavily but not if you cut more careful with less foresters.

But sure, it´s like all other Banished production: the logistic is the most important part.

I´m looking forward for your next report.
@Nilla that was with four foresters the whole time. I may repeat the experiment with two foresters at some point, but keeping the rest of GP running at the same time is such tedious work! It was way past time for me to start a new town (Beanblossom).

@xyris you're welcome! :)

irrelevant

brads3

that was an amazing town that went a long time.i hope to see more of what you come up with.glad to see you are still playing.

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on June 17, 2017, 07:00:49 PM
that was an amazing town that went a long time.i hope to see more of what you come up with.glad to see you are still playing.
Thank you!

irrelevant

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 30, 2017, 04:56:18 PM
Twelve hours unattended, just because.

just because it has now .... over 1000 years ? lol

when you will have space crafts ? lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Just because it's all set up and fine-tuned, and all I have to do is start it up before I go to work  ;D

My 6000 pop record got left in the dust, maybe if I get GP to 2000 years, I'll have something no one else will be able to beat....or even want to try!

Don't worry, when I'm sitting in front of my computer, I'm working on NMT crops.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 30, 2017, 05:17:19 PM
Don't worry, when I'm sitting in front of my computer, I'm working on NMT crops.

sweet :) i count on you to produce something like this http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2 for the new crops :)
btw, it reminds me to add those numbers for the vanilla ones :)

irrelevant

@RedKetchup Yes, I am planning to do exactly this. It will take me a few days though. I still don't even have all the seeds purchased, and I want to grow all the crops for a few years to get a feel for them.

Looks like I still have five left to buy.

irrelevant

Year 1174.  Twenty hours unattended. The only tweaking needed after that time is to refill the vacant professions from the bottom of the sine wave, and split pastures to refill the ones that died from not having a herdsman.

Tomorrow evening I'll post a professions panel showing the vacant professions from the next bottom. Note here I've added four redundant herdsmen as a hedge against this, herdsmen is the one profession where unfilled jobs really hurts; when herdsmen say bye-bye, sheep die.  ;)

99% clothed? I've got 5000 coats in stock, if you're running around naked, that's on you.  :o

RedKetchup

how comes with 900 laborers.... shepperds deaths havent be replaced ? lol

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 31, 2017, 06:01:50 PM
how comes with 900 laborers.... shepperds deaths havent be replaced ? lol
The pop swings from ~2000 adults at the high to ~750-850 at the low, and I have 907 professionals. The laborers all disappear first, but after that it's random what professionals die. When the sine wave starts back up, in an unattended town, all the new workers are just laborers. 

brads3

i take it you experimented and that was the best balance you found?i know many players have tried to find a stable population that self-maintains.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup Here's what happens, you can see all the laborers are gone, and we're not quite at the bottom yet.

@brads3 No, not really. In fact I would say that this town is far from ideal. But it was the one I used to get the tenure achievement, and then it just kept going.

RedKetchup

ouch. thats really a bad curve that repeate all the time . nothing can be done to smooth the curve ?