News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

irrelevant

Ah, ok. I remember. You haven't been around r/banished in awhile.

Maldrick

Quote from: irrelevant on November 23, 2017, 10:48:31 PM
Ah, ok. I remember. You haven't been around r/banished in awhile.

Yeah I got sidetracked with some other games towards the end of the summer.  Was in the closed test for Ostriv.  In Alpha 1 now and is still very basic but has tons of potential to be a really amazing game.  Also randomly got into 7 Days to Die.  Bit of a departure for me as I avoid zombie games as a rule but the survival aspects and the crafting / building are addicting. In a lot of the same ways as Banished for some reason, I find.

Good to see you here.  Your dedication to your town is inspiring. Not sure I've ever stuck with one past a few weeks.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

irrelevant

It's fun. Learning a lot with this town.

Year 2546

Changed my ordering strategy. Stopped ordering coats, tools, and iron from the General Goods merchant. That stuff is clogging up his boat when what I really need him to bring is logs. It worked cause before he was bringing 200-1000 logs/boat, and now it's 1000-2000.

Stopped ordering logs from the Resource merchant. He never brought very many at a time in any case. Now he's just bringing coats, tools, and iron.

Buying peaches and pecans from the Food merchant and also from the GG merchant.

Hope to be back to running unattended soon.

irrelevant

Year 2554

The pop curve certainly has been changed by the construction of 50 homes in 2536, and of maybe 10-15 homes since then. It will be interesting to see where the new bottom is.

As I need to go to bed, and I'm not going to go unattended into uncharted pop curve territory, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what the new pop curve looks like.

irrelevant

This particular band of nomads belonged to a sect that considers engineering to be the Devil's mischief.

kid1293

irrelevant

You're welcome! :)

Year 2562

The pop curve looks very promising, the additional housing made a big difference. I think the timing of the construction was an important factor as well. There were still ~330 laborers at the bottom of the curve. Now, is this a two-phase sine wave? Most likely. What will the next trough look like?

I have 51 additional house foundations complete and paused; when shall I build them (if at all)? Obviously, I want to do what I did before; build them on the up curve, just as the number of families exceeds the number of houses. But next cycle, or the one after? Depends what the wave looks like the next time down.

irrelevant

Year 2568

Uh-oh, high peak means deep trough to follow. Maybe I should build those houses on the way down....

irrelevant

Year 2602

Let it run while I was at work today. Lost 43 professionals at the bottom of the wave, that's not so bad.

Still not sure when the best time to build the 51 queued-up houses would be. Now I'm thinking just after the next high peak, as the curve starts down towards the next deep trough.

Strategic inventory reserve, stored in landlocked TPs

Shutting down the hunters and gatherers again, they require too much micro to get rid of the mushrooms and leather. That's 62 jobs, should have done that earlier, would have left a small cushion at the bottom of the previous wave.

irrelevant

Year 2652

After 24 hours with zero input, I come home to an even deeper trough. Lost 110 professionals (172 more than I lost last time). Got some tweaking up to do with auto-purchases, buying too much iron, too many coats.

Still haven't built those houses.

irrelevant

Year 2657

Some new stuff. Pop curve is definitely doing something weird. Too bad I'll be asleep when it happens  ;)

kid1293

2600 years and it flattens out?

Too good to be true.  ;)

Nilla

I made a longer Banished brake but now I feel a little bit tempted to play again. So I took a small look to see what's going on on this page. And what do I see: My old friend @irrelevant active wit one of his oooooooold towns. That's a nice surprise. It's always a peasure to read about your findings. :) But the achievement "tenure" is 200 not 2000 years!!! :D You are crazy!

My explanation to the flat curve: "Random factor": Young women happened to move into empty houses, not old spinsters.

kid1293

I do not want be off-topic, but - Glad to see you, Nilla!

(Det har varit tomt.)