News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

greetings

Started by fromphoenix, January 09, 2020, 09:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fromphoenix

hi, just joined, am fairly new at banished and just learned, very happily that there is this new site called World Of Banished that features new mods. sounds great, unfortunately, not really sure what i'm doing but will try to learn. Have a good one!

moonbelf

@fromphoenix Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask questions. So many helpful people here that will be glad to help you :)

fromphoenix

could someone please show me, how do i locate the win data file add mods to, that are not on the workshop in steam? thanks

brads3

right click the banished icon and open file location. or type WinData into the search

fromphoenix

thanks for your quick reply, i tried that and with search, it comes back saying "no items match your search" and when i right click the icon to select the where the file is, it just goes to the short cut???

galensgranny

If you have the Banished icon on your desktop, which would be a shortcut, right click (meaning the very outside mouse button on the right, not the one used to normally click on things).  Then a small menu shows up.  Normal click (the left button on the mouse) on the words, "file location".  You will then be in the Banished folder in program files section of your computer.  The win data folder will be right there.
Or, go to to your main computer section, click on "Program Files", or "Program Files (X86) - the way it is on my computer.  Then, in Program Files, if you got your game through Steam, click on the Steam Folder.  In the Steam folder, click on the word "common".  Then in that folder you will see Banished.  Click on that folder and there is the Win Data folder.
If you don't use Steam, then in your Program Files folder on your main hard drive, you probably will see the main Banished folder.

fromphoenix

when i right click on the shortcut, no file location shows up
when i search win data no item exists
when i go to the steam file in programsx86, common doesn't exist under it.
i keep saying the same things, does anyone know of a reason for this? has anyone else dealt with this type of problem witn the win data folder missing in Win 7?

galensgranny

Oh, I left something out.  In Program Files x86, click on Steam, and then look for the Steamapps folder.  The "Common" folder is inside the "Steamapps" folder.

fromphoenix

You are a gentle-person and a scholar!!! Found it, although it doesn't show up on my windows 7 search bar, it was THERE!!! thanks for your help, really appreciated it!!!

galensgranny

You are very welcome!  I am glad you found it.   :)   I guess you know you will have to unzip some of the downloads before putting them in the Windata folder.

fromphoenix

Thank you, yes i downloaded the mega 8 from black liquids and un zipped it, placed it in my WinData under Common, then started Banished, it showed up in my mods, as 1,2 and 3, in that order, i turned off all of the other ones, got the game going, was so excited to start playing, started opening houses to see all the types and when i got to the last house on the tool bar, and clicked it, the game froze and that was that. any ideas, i'm guessing you use the 3 mods from black liquids also?

galensgranny

I don't use MegaMod 8.  But, it seems to be a fact that when you have the game started and then turn mods on and off, you must save the changes, totally close out the game, and then restart it.  If not it crashes.  So try that.  If that does not help, it is possible that you don't have enough memory for MegaMod 8.  That one takes a lot of memory.