News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Middleton in The Shire of Middle Earth- Story 59

Started by Abandoned, August 19, 2020, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Chapter 23

Fall and winter came and went and then it was spring.  Again the snow melted quickly, the mist was thick, and wind from the north seemed warmer than it should.  The men decided to investigate to the north before any more land was cleared for crop fields on that side of town.  Perhaps a thick windbreak of evergreen trees would need to be planted first.  The men did not find an open clearing to the north as they expected, what they found was an old tunnel.  It seemed to them that warmer air was coming out of that tunnel.  Of course the old tales of Mordor, the Fire of Mount Doom, and the Mines of Moria began to circulate even though the tunnel was not that old.  Nevertheless, the men posted warning signs by the tunnel and along our northern borders. 

Zayde, the general goods merchant, had a more believable explanation than the rekindling of those ancient fires.  It was well known that our rivers were often changing and it was underground hot springs that kept them from freezing here in the north.  Perhaps the underground rivers had changed as well.  Lesser known was the fact that there were crystals farther north in Crystal Canyon that absorb the energy of the sun, perhaps someone was mining for them here and released their warming powers. 

Well, those chilling old tales faded away as the summer sun warmed The Shire again and the grains were ripening in the fields and folk were enjoying the first strawberries and cream of the season.   The children were laughing and playing outside and folks gathered around Sam's stew pot again.  From inside the Green Dragon the pipes and flutes could be heard and there was singing and dancing and laughter inside and out.  Middleton had grown in the past 23 years, the population was 161, with 87 adults, 25 students, and 49 young children.  Our wood piles were full and so were our barns, root cellars, and pantries.  Life was good in The Shire.

Sorry to see you go, weary traveler, it was nice you could stay as long as you did.  I hope you enjoyed your stay here in Middleton.  I packed you some meat pies to take along with you.  Enjoy the rest of the summer, weary traveler.  Fare thee well.

The End

banishedsanni

Aww, this story is over? Thats sad but I hope this means this mod is finished testing now :D

kid1293

It is always sad to leave friends. But who knows? They are maybe around :)

Here is the mod!

kid1293

Either it was fireworks or someone slammed the door ;D

Hobbits are friendly but they need good storage space for all their food.
We have focused on getting the cozy, homey spirit high. Who knows,
maybe they are the last of their kind... or maybe they just hide ;D

Abandoned

;D I do hate to leave The Shire, so peaceful and happy, I think Middleton is one of my prettiest towns thanks to Hobbits, Farmyards, and deco  :)  I think we succeeded making the atmosphere of The Shire.  Colors of Tiny blend in nicely.  Thanks @kid1293

Kristahfer

Thanks to both of you. Once again you have created an environment of beauty. True artistry at work.

Abandoned