News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished to the limit.

Started by assobanana76, April 16, 2015, 12:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Yes, you need products with a higher trade value made in plants with a high productivity. Firewood, ale and some modded products are good. Wool not so, you would need a lot of sheep to rely on wool for a higher population, than rather wool coats (worth 15) but the productivity isn't very high. But you mustn't forget; It's not so easy. You need the raw materials and the logistics.

irrelevant

@assobanana76 in Sink Mill I have 31 TPs supporting my 6000 pop town. Even with ~300 farms and re-rolling every seed and livestock merchant, there still is barely enough food to get by.

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 23, 2015, 05:38:06 AM
considering myself a rookie as I am, I believed that by just exchanging goods worth more than 1 (no food. but eg wool 5x or firewood 4x etc.) in exchange for food, I could do it .. I'm wrong?

many beautiful and difficult challenges await you!
and I am very curious to see how they will end !!

@assobanana76, there are several considerations here. (1) You have to feed everyone or they will starve to death. (2) You have to keep everyone warm or they will freeze to death. If you have maximized housing you need to import enough food and coal/firewood/logs to keep everyone fed and warm. In order to do that you need to produce enough high value products to sell. In order to do that you need to import enough raw materials to produce the high value products. In order to do that you have to have enough trading posts to buy and sell everything. In order to do that etc., etc., etc.. At the end of the day it is not JUST how many people you can fit in the map, but what you have to do to keep the whole, interrelated machine running.

assobanana76

you been almost convincing me that it is impossible to do it in a small map.. but this would make the challenge even more interesting!! lol I will try to respond to all Monday, as soon as I will have a moment free! you gave me so many ideas in favor and against that deserve all an answer!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on April 23, 2015, 06:00:18 AM
Yes, you need products with a higher trade value made in plants with a high productivity. Firewood, ale and some modded products are good. Wool not so, you would need a lot of sheep to rely on wool for a higher population, than rather wool coats (worth 15) but the productivity isn't very high. But you mustn't forget; It's not so easy. You need the raw materials and the logistics.
could help me that my villages are vegan?
and that, therefore, my citizens wear only cotton and linen?
wool collected from animals died of old age I would use exclusively for trade .. I could do wool coats exclusively for sale ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on April 23, 2015, 06:22:12 AM
@assobanana76 in Sink Mill I have 31 TPs supporting my 6000 pop town. Even with ~300 farms and re-rolling every seed and livestock merchant, there still is barely enough food to get by.
yours is a large map?
because I use almost exclusively small maps ..
I was aiming to have a maximum of 3 TP.
I have no more space to build others ..

assobanana76

Quote from: rkelly17 on April 23, 2015, 06:53:10 AM
considering myself a rookie as I am, I believed that by just exchanging goods worth more than 1 (no food. but eg wool 5x or firewood 4x etc.) in exchange for food, I could do it .. I'm wrong?

@assobanana76, there are several considerations here. (1) You have to feed everyone or they will starve to death. (2) You have to keep everyone warm or they will freeze to death. If you have maximized housing you need to import enough food and coal/firewood/logs to keep everyone fed and warm. In order to do that you need to produce enough high value products to sell. In order to do that you need to import enough raw materials to produce the high value products. In order to do that you have to have enough trading posts to buy and sell everything. In order to do that etc., etc., etc.. At the end of the day it is not JUST how many people you can fit in the map, but what you have to do to keep the whole, interrelated machine running.
I understand that you consider a mission impossible ...  ;D

assobanana76

so.. someone can tell me how the hell you do the "multiple quote"?

Paeng

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 27, 2015, 01:06:27 AMthe "multiple quote"?

Check below your "Post reply" window - there is a column that says "Topic Summary"... there you see (for every post in this thread) a link on the right side: "Insert Quote"... Click that to to add that as a quote to your current post. Make sure to make a new paragraph first, else things get kinda mashed up...  ;)

Usually that's cleaner and easier to read than stacked multiple quotes.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

assobanana76

Quote from: Paeng on April 27, 2015, 03:21:56 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on April 27, 2015, 01:06:27 AMthe "multiple quote"?

Check below your "Post reply" window - there is a column that says "Topic Summary"... there you see (for every post in this thread) a link on the right side: "Insert Quote"... Click that to to add that as a quote to your current post. Make sure to make a new paragraph first, else things get kinda mashed up...  ;)

Usually that's cleaner and easier to read than stacked multiple quotes.

Quote from: rkelly17 on April 23, 2015, 06:53:10 AM

an attempt ..
ok! it works!
I had not seen the "topic summary" of which you spoke ..
But you gave me an idea ..
I clicked "reply" and then "quote" on the posts summarized under the window in which to write ..
Paeng thanks!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

oh! no coincidence I'm finished right on that page!  ;D