News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

one thing I've always hated in Banished ...

Started by assobanana76, April 16, 2015, 02:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 21, 2015, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: Nilla on April 20, 2015, 12:21:49 PM
I try to have 10-15%. That works fine for me.
ok! set on 10%!
more easy to count!  ;D

To further complicate your Banished life, I would say that number depends also on total population. The more people you have, the higher the percentage of laborers--up to a point. In the early game I have a smaller laborer surplus--just enough to clear large building sites (I find it more efficient to clear sites for fields and pastures with laborers before marking them and assigning builders) and gather necessary logs, stone and iron--I should note that I assign foresters to "Plant Only" until the circle is fully covered with mature trees. As the game progresses the pool of laborers gets larger and becomes a larger percentage of population.

So: For the first 5 years I may never get much over 4 laborers on a regular basis but by the time the settlement gets to 500 or so I might well have 20% laborers.

assobanana76

This is what I meant ...
why the hell not going to throw seeds of squash instead of going to cut trees ??  >:(

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: rkelly17 on April 23, 2015, 07:05:38 AM
To further complicate your Banished life, I would say that number depends also on total population. The more people you have, the higher the percentage of laborers--up to a point. In the early game I have a smaller laborer surplus--just enough to clear large building sites (I find it more efficient to clear sites for fields and pastures with laborers before marking them and assigning builders) and gather necessary logs, stone and iron--I should note that I assign foresters to "Plant Only" until the circle is fully covered with mature trees. As the game progresses the pool of laborers gets larger and becomes a larger percentage of population.

So: For the first 5 years I may never get much over 4 laborers on a regular basis but by the time the settlement gets to 500 or so I might well have 20% laborers.
I had the need to break down many trees to plant my new project because I could not figure out where to place the streets with all those trees .. but even 6 workers are enough ??
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

I would say; if you have problems that your fields are not getting harvested, it's not mainly because the farmers do other things, like cutting trees. Farming has high priority in this game. Maybe if the place where you order a big collecting is far away, they work there in the winter (and maybe also in summer before the harvest) and might get home a bit late to start planting or harvesting 

I would say if you don't harvest all of the crops, it's because the barn and the houses from the farmers are too far away from the fields and they spend too much time walking between these places. Efficent farming need barns very close to the fields and houses for the farmers close to the fields.

assobanana76

is everything in that picture ..
the field is the leftmost, storage barn is in the middle and he lives in the houses along the way.
you think it's all too far?
I should build houses even closer?
the problem is that he did not sow the field to go to cut trees and the harvest was 0!

Nilla

That has never happened to me, I mean that the farmers cut trees instead of planting. But i never do giant cuttings far away from my settlement. But on a small map they are never very far away, so this I cannot understand. I have heard of a bug on fields, that make farmers uninterested to work on them. Try to delete the fields and build them new.

And yes, I think especially the barn, but also the houses are too far away from the fields you use. The closed ones are better. It's not the reason that nothing is harvested. The distance only makes it take longer time.

assobanana76

then I am right?
is not a normal thing ..
for 2 consecutive years, he and his neighbor's field does not have sown the squash dealing instead, alternately, to help the laborer in the deforestation of the area to the right of the houses ..
and to my misfortune also the only builder has done so for 3 years does not build houses with the result that the population is aging dramatically!
I'll try to demolish / rebuild the crop if the problem persists!

now that I will start to build new medieval houses will be truly next to the fields!
I hope this solve the problem!

Nilla

Barns (or markets) are more important then houses, because they go there more often.

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on April 27, 2015, 03:22:47 AM
Barns (or markets) are more important then houses, because they go there more often.
about this, the idea is to build many farmhouse 12x12 and 12x25 that contain various "storage shed" really next to crops / orchards, eliminating the barn and only build one on the corner.

A Nonny Moose

Since the only transportation means is shanks mare, it behooves one to keep distances travelled as short as possible.  This may mean multiple supply depots (markets) which absorb several bodies, but coverage is essential.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on April 27, 2015, 03:45:04 AM
Since the only transportation means is shanks mare, it behooves one to keep distances travelled as short as possible.  This may mean multiple supply depots (markets) which absorb several bodies, but coverage is essential.
which may be the area of a storage barn or a storage shed?
in terms of tiles ..

RedKetchup

if you do alot of deforestations in autumn winter.... also better to take the cancel tool and cancel everything at late winter, so they all comeback at their house and start farming right away :)
but i know doing that it is no fun because you have to pause the game, cancel all, and redo once the farming has started and unpause. micromanagements.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

cancel tool???  :o :o :o
"What the hell are you talking about Willis"??  :o
I believed that the only way to stop a similar job it was the "priority tool" (which does not seem to work!)..
I lost a button on the toolbar ????

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 27, 2015, 04:17:56 AM
I believed that the only way to stop a similar job it was the "priority tool" (which does not seem to work!)..

another screenshot ? lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 27, 2015, 04:22:39 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on April 27, 2015, 04:17:56 AM

another screenshot ? lol
OH SH#@$%!!!  :o :o
you saved me !! forever !!
I now know that my risky moves can be canceled !!  :o
so I just to click that button and select the area of deforestation and everything will be finished ??
great!!!
THANKS RED!!!  ;D