News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

one thing I've always hated in Banished ...

Started by assobanana76, April 16, 2015, 02:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

Skip the manual in haste, repent at leisure.  I always look up the control panel icons for a new game.  Sometimes their function is not so obvious as the programmers think.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Nilla

;D ;) Guys! Have anyone of you ever read a manual? ;D

RedKetchup

what is a manual ? the thing we use to start the fireplace ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

assobanana76

I started to read it! i swear!
but after the third screen that told me things I already knew I quit!
I'd binge of gameplay on youtube and I could not wait to play !!
sure .. saw how that turned out, perhaps I'd better take it back in my hand!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

Well, I've been the computer business since the early 1960s, and if there is one thing that I have learned by horrible example is RTFM.  I admit that I only skimmed the manual (help system) initially, but I still consult it occasionally when I have some doubt about some detail.  As usual, the manual has too much information to absorb all at once.  Experiential reading always works best for me.

Paeng

Yeah, I'm a big fan of RTFM as well...
The Banished manual is embedded, so you can pull it up anytime while playing - what more comfort can one ask?  ???
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on April 28, 2015, 04:41:19 AM
Well, I've been the computer business since the early 1960s, and if there is one thing that I have learned by horrible example is RTFM.  I admit that I only skimmed the manual (help system) initially, but I still consult it occasionally when I have some doubt about some detail.  As usual, the manual has too much information to absorb all at once.  Experiential reading always works best for me.

On the other hand, when WLU went to Unix some years back I was the only one in our department who read the manual (Even got my own copy!) and the next thing you know I was everybody's go-to guy for support. After that I continued to read manuals, but I always kept it secret.  ;D

My favorite story from those years was when my colleague, who had just gotten his first PC called me down to his office because (to quote) "This #*&%@#$ mouse won't work! It can't open the program I want!" I moved it around a bit and it seemed to be working, so I asked him to show me what happened. He very carefully positioned the mouse, then rared back and attacked it with his finger. The mouse scooted across his desk and two or three programs opened at the same time. I quietly said, "I think I see your problem" and taught him how to use a mouse.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

A Nonny Moose

:)  That is the first question when you get a support call, eh?

rkelly17

assobanana76

just a little bit out of the discussion.. but I found another thing that is driving me crazy ..  >:( >:(
I drew a road, demolished before it was built and now I can not build on it!
How is it possible ??
I tried several times to demolish the tiles but not canceled !!
Today I make a last attempt .. I build it and then demolish it!
I hope it works or I will have to redesign the entire farmhouse or leaving there a road that should not be there!  >:(

Nilla

Try to demolish the gate. That´s the only thing I can think about that might cause problems.