News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Soup kitchen

Started by Gatherer, September 02, 2016, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Kid1293's barbecue got me thinking about a soup kitchen. What about a canopy covered table with 1 or 2 kettles nearby? With the same footprint size as the barbecue?

It would produce meat and vegetable soup:

- Meat soup (flagged as protein): 2 units of either chicken or beef + 5 units of water (from NMT water tower) + 2 units of firewood = 10-11 units of meat soup with a trade value of 2.

- Vegetable soup (flagged as vegetable): 6 units of either cabbage, beans, potatoes, pumpkin or tomato (RK's tomatos) + 3 units of water (from NMT water tower) + 2 units of firewood = 10-11 units of vegetable soup with a trade value of 2.

Would these numbers be reasonable if we take into account that meat has a higher trade value than vegetables? And that we want to give the food productivity just a small boost?

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Nice find  :) but I don't use CC (and that soup kitchen gives too many options). I prefer a mishmash of smaller mods.
Fiat panis.

Jonarus_Drakus

It may be made by Kralyerg and 'hosted' on the CC site, but its not an actual component of the CC mod itself (That whole section has a whole bunch of mini-mods to choose from, your you're really cutting yourself off by ignoring the whole site).

~JD

Gatherer

It says in the mod description that it requires CC to use.

And I am using a couple of mods made by Kralyerg. Those that are not CC dependable.
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Hey @Gatherer !
Do you mean a soup kitchen type my BBQ?
It's possible to do.

Discrepancy

... some mushroom soup would be nice

;D

kid1293

A way to get rid of those heavy mushrooms. Nice.

(quickly out the backdoor to find some mushroom textures)

kid1293

@Gatherer  - Don't you think one ingredient plus water is ... meager?
I see your point in having only one ingredient. There wont be so many
choices in the menu. Maybe 8-10.

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on September 03, 2016, 02:05:48 AM
Hey @Gatherer !
Do you mean a soup kitchen type my BBQ?
It's possible to do.

Yes, something like that. With the numbers I've suggested it should give a small profit in both food and trade value but just a little more than input value.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

@kid1293

Meat soup - 2 recipes (chicken and beef)
Vegetable soup - 5 recipes (cabbage, beans, potatoes, pumpkin and tomato). Perhaps even mushrooms (but they have a higher trade value so that should be put into consideration).

7-8 recipes total.
Fiat panis.

Tom Sawyer

Soup sounds a bit boring. What about a Pizzeria with Pickup by customer and with all the tasty things... I order a pizza with ham, olives, artichokes and pepperoni ... ;D

Discrepancy

Pizza  :) I've had it 2 nights in a row... I think my Banished bannies are missing out!

kid1293

OK - No mushrooms

Discrepancy - You have to continue your pizza diet.  ;D

Have to go and dig a hole.
Need some water.
The 'Market Soup' is slowly coming to town.

Gatherer

That looks very nice. Looks like the vegetable soup is already cooked.
Fiat panis.