News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Lehighwood

Started by brads3, October 05, 2018, 04:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 30-31

A SMALL GROUP OF 8 nomads arrive.6 workers and 2 children.2 will work to expand the forests.2 will move south near the trade post.the other 2 will build housing near the fodder meadow.they will add an RK apiary and start clearing pastures.

a 2nd maple apple forest is being planted in the far northeast corner.a herbalist works near by.our fields expand adding grape orchards,

pic 1:apiary
pic 2:northeast maple forest
pic 3:south village
pic 4: grape orchards

brads3

i forgot to post yesterday so i'll post 2 days in 1.

YEAR 32-33

A FAMILY OF 4 arrive.even thou we are busy building houses for graduates.these 4 can stay.there are lots of rocks to be cleared.there are enough projects supplied that we needed a 3rd builder.
       a tunnel gains us access to a mountain canyon. a tiny forester and gatherer are planned there in the far north.a bakery,herbalist,and school are built.since none of the merchants would bring livestock a livestock trading post was constructed. we swapped the gold bars to it.

food production shows  huge progress. the root fields are sporadic.good years are double bad years,so a big swing from year to year.good years are near 1000,bad years under 500.most crops don't drop off so much. the CC orchard forests need tended to about every 5 yrs. if a forester works all the time, there is a drop off.if the trees are forgotten longer,they die off.with 2 workers, the fodder hut is cutting more flowers than thatch.

pic 1: canyon forest
pic 2: livestock TP
pic 3: main herbalist works the RK and maple forest
pic 4: mill and bakery
pic 5: 2nd school

brads3

YEAR 34-35

WITH 100 adult workers ,we do need more houses.as the builders deal with the housing boom,the laborers will begin to move supplies for a 2nd RK forest and markets.the markets will help move what meat we have.the forest will get a gathering hut and a FO hunter.
      the 12 nomads will stay this year.we will increase our labor count to 12 and 4 builders.several will work at the mines to increase the trade outputs.we will need more houses.the new builders will be busy.

1 of our graduates will work the pasture.the livestock TP has traded for 3 cattle.another will start stocking the markets. a pine trapper now works the northeast forests.this should improve our textile outputs.more fur can be traded and pelt coats made.

pic 1:RK forest #2
pic 2:WW market
pic 3: farmers market for the meadow workers
pic 4: cattle in thier pasture

brads3

YEAR 36-37

we work to add a doctors to keep everyone healthy.more houses,barns,and roads are needed.the train will need coal so we expand our  mining. a tiny mine and a random mine are dug.
        the 8 nomads can stay and work the mines.3 to the random mine and 3 to the tiny coal mine.there is room in the schools for the 2 children.

pic 1: doctors office
pic 2:tiny coal and random RK mines
pic 3:farmer housing
pic 4 north lake pier

brads3

YEAR 38-39

WE traded for pear seed and cleared land for more orchards north of the fodder meadow. a CC apple oirchard is planned to extend the forests across the north.this will increase our fruit for the alcohol production.2 granny parks have been added near the schools.a payground by the forest school and a walnut shade park near the village. we double our flax by adding another garden.

to help with our tool shortages,a mini workshop will produce wood tools for the north forests.before we can add more nomads to process the ales,we need more tools and firewood.

pic 1: future pear orchards
pic 2: north apple forest
pic 3: walnut grove park
pic 4: playground
pic 5: 2nd flax garden

RedKetchup

haha someone still use those Plimouth Houses ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

I like the Plimoth houses for in the wooded areas.

brads3

the rough wood sides make them quite versatile. they do fit with other sets.mine is still under the housing icon on the toolbar. i keep a few mods like that so it is easy and quick to find them. RED's small storage shed is like that under the storage icon.

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 245 with 61% educated and 63 houses.we improved our outputs of food and materials.vendors work to move logs and food.even as we trade for some tools,we have a shortage.the miners should send a worker to the industrial market and vbuild a blacksmith for their tools.
          in 10 years,our population grew by 92.we added  27 houses.32 nomads were allowed to join us. we extended the forests across the north of the map to the river.a livestock TP was added and brought us cattle.we added corn,tomato,grape,blueberry,and pear seed.we now have a bakery and several markets. we wear pelt,leather,and linen coats.the 3 trappers bring in furs to trade.the 3 blacksmiths make wood,stone,and rough iron ore tools.2 mines were added to supply coal and more minerals.

we are short of tools and firewood.the biggest concern is if the map size is large enough to process so many different ales.i do think it will take  well managed fancy trading to accomplish.

pic 1:yr 40 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:log phone

RedKetchup

brads3

yep,was pushing logs up and let the miners run the tools out.plus i think some iron ore and stones got lower to slow down the smiths.the plan to make all the taverns is going slower than i had hoped.

brads3

YEAR 40-41

to increase the firewood,an RK sawmill and a log depot will be built just south of the newest forests.1 miner from the multimine will work the industrial market to move supplies for the village and tools for the workers.the merchant brings 100 bronze tools to help us recover from the shortage.

in spring of year 41,the 9 nomads will stay.there is 6 adults with 3 children.they will plant a pine forest east of the lake.this will supply logs and charcoal that can be used to boil the maple sap. this extends the east forests south toward the railroad.

pic 1:RK sawmill to supply firewood to the north
pic 2: pine forest to produce charcoal for the sap boiler

brads3

my game play has been out of whack for a while.  i haven't been able to get the smooth play i had hoped for. i can't control for the nomad group sizes. tried a few of KID's mods to bring consistent sized groups.moved the mod high in mod order and it shows no conflicts. i test and it will bring small #'s. then in game it gives small and then march larger #'s. bout every 3rd of 4th group will be a small.that too seems inconsistant.

i had been using the tiny mod TH and bringing nomads avout every 4th year.i went to KID's nomad catchers trying to make it smoother but with a low %. the hope was to build faster by taking nomads each year. that isn't working well. after taking a few groups,we get behind on goods and stop taking them.get caught up and try to take the small groups but the game sends a big 1 instead.

anyway, i tried to fix this problem in between games a few times. with ABANDONED and KID's notes,i have to think my game is glitched. will have to adjust my playstyle and see if i can make the next maps go better. this map is taking longer than it should.

RedKetchup

when i look at those trees pictures... really, i like the fact i edited them to look more beautiful and added them to vanilla ones because on those screenshot, they really dont give justice

brads3

yeah that pine forest is just starting to plant pine trees. it will look better when it fills in more. without the CC, there are trees missing on this map.there isn't any aspens. it will be neat to see what the new version of RK looks like.