News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

bigamy

Started by Nilla, February 23, 2020, 02:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Has anyone seen this before? It looks like one man isn´t enough for Estia.

brads3

did his wife die? he gave his house to a young couple and moved in with his brother or sister?

Nilla

Have you ever seen that someone´s giving his house away? Or that anyone moves in by their brother or sister? I haven´t.

I´m not sure what happened here but there are two facts; there has been a large surplus of men in this game and there were two bad diseases where many people died (cholera and measles). So this is what I think happened;

Estia married an elder widower, who had a son Elwoodie after his wife had died of cholera, the first diseases. Later the father died of measles, the second disease and Elwoodie stayed by his stepmother when she married a new man. But as you say so oft Brad, Bannis have a mind of their own and it may be that she just wants a second husband for a while. In any case, Elwoodie did move out after a while. So, either she grew tired of him and threw him out or it was her stepson who finally found a house of his own.

brads3

LOL. i have seen a boy move in with a girl and give up his house. happens when they age up from laborer to married status.

i have seen single females give birth before. when i wanted it to happen ,she waited for a partner. go figure. remember back when i had a girl who i built houses for that would never move? not until her friend died so she stole that husband.

galensgranny

I never noticed two husbands.  These Bannies are very interesting!  :)

Jewelz

And a serious amount of sheep!  :D

banishedsanni

Well ... if Kimberta and Pamelie can be a couple, why cant have Estia two husbands.

How cute would it be if there would be a 1% (or so) chance of 2 males or 2 females becoming a couple. Did anyone ever seen something like that in his/her game?

On the other hand, from the city planner point of view, such couples dont generate children and so are unrequested, I guess.

galensgranny

Bannishedsanni, I hope the 15 year old is a child or grandchild of the 71 year old, otherwise that is just wrong.

banishedsanni

If the young male would be a child or grandchild, he should be below the elder in the list, right?
So i guess they r married.
And since he is an adult (at least in the game) and can make decision for himself, he can fall in love with whomever he want i guess.
Maybe he aims to inherit money ... ?

Nilla

It looks you are playing a "real-time ageing mod" where someone took away the maximum age difference of couples. I´ve played such a mod once and it happened all the times; widows/widowers married the next single person; a just graduated student (or if you had no school something like a 6-year-old, counted as an adult in that mod; odd).

banishedsanni

True, i play an old version of 1 year is 1 year. I normally dont experience this but this time my city has grown very big and i stopped building new houses for a while to care for enough food. So when an elder looses a husband, the next available young moves in.

It looks a little strange maybe but i think it depens on your fantasy. Since my town seems to lack homes for the young, they r happy to move out. So they care for an elder in exchange for an own room and some distance to their 4 sisters and brothers. They dont need to be married for that, its just a taking-care in exchange for more independence win-win-situation. :)

Btw Pemelie was 75 when she died and Kimbertha now lives with his young wife in Pemelies old house.
Pemelie had a long and fullfilled live and because Kimbertha cared for her in her last days,  she died in dignity.

galensgranny

That is a very nice way to imagine it, Banishedsanni- a young person living in as a caretaker.  :)   

Nilla

QuoteHow cute would it be if there would be a 1% (or so) chance of 2 males or 2 females becoming a couple. Did anyone ever seen something like that in his/her game?

What about this? Later they even adopted another 12-year-old boy but that picture was so ugly that so I´ll rather show this. Can anyone guess how this could happen? (I know;) )