News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Um...

Started by Vince, March 10, 2020, 09:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince

There is something fundamentally 'wrong' with Banished.
I realise that it is 'Only a Game' but...

For example:

Butchers do not provide roast Venison, butchers provide Venison and these 'Tiny People' take it home and roast it themselves.
It should be Hunter/Butcher/ tiny people get Venison to eat...as it is...the Tiny People take home a whole deer, fresh from the 'Hunter'...
I see no increase in a 'Food/Happiness Value'...
Why build a Butchers shop?
Same with the Bakery...the tiny people are quite content eating raw wheat...Why build mills and bakery's?

I picked Banished up sometime ago and...well...but now, with all your most superb efforts (Mods) it is becoming quite 'involved'(?).

brads3

you are using CC mods. other mods have chenged this issue. CC added trade values and tried to balance the many items accordingly. other mods increase food amounts in processing. other mods still,do have more affects on happiness.

the game has gone thru changes along the way. we nopw have more limit flags than in the original. buildings also have more slots for build materials. the old way was 3 different items required. now it has expanded. this has helped the modders with the balancing.

the CC mods were developed before the last set of changes. it was quickly upgraded to the 1.07 version,as were many many mods. adjustments have been made since to make things work more efficiently in many mods. lots of these adjustments were never added back to the CC mods. i do not know if they were adjusted in the Mega mod.

you have many options now. the modders at WOB have made many improvements. there are 2 that deal with happiness- the North by TOM and the DS Inudustry by DS. the happiness system is an ongoing study and hopefully it gets better and used by other modders more. RED developed the RKEC<editor choice> mod. this is similar to the CC but the production chains are not as complicated. RED spent lots of time working on this AFTER the changes with the 1.07 version.

you may want to  try a few different mods and see what you like. the North,DS industry,and RKEC are larger mods. i recommend using any of them separate as a base mod. then you can add other smaller mods to them.  start simple and learn as you go. make a list of what you thinnk should be in the game before starting. we have so many options it is easy to loose sight of what your goal was.

banishedsanni

QuoteWhy build a Butchers shop?
Same with the Bakery...the tiny people are quite content eating raw wheat...Why build mills and bakery's?

Because its fun. A lot of things in this game r not realy needed. Banished is no strategy game.

Abandoned

And because it multiplies your food - grain goes to mill and more flour comes out than the grain that went in, flour goes to the bakery and more bread comes out than the amount of flour that went.  The same goes for butcher, fish smoker, and other food production building.  You get more out than what went in.

Vince

Thanks, I've removed all the Mods I had installed and slowly re-installed some, taking a bit more care with the load order...it now seems to be working.