RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

QueryEverything

Oh wow, that is ...  just ...  supreme ...  omg :)  Could you imagine all the little Bannies with that?!?!?
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

hahaha that was so funny ROFLMAO  ;D ;D

starting to look better
need to do another tweak... and after it will be great :)

elemental

That crop looks good. It all looks good.  :)

RedKetchup

it will be promising :) i need to eat supper but already put hay stacks +30% bigger.... and after supper i want to delete half of the leaves and double everything overall....

calli74

Redketchup... Making hay great again!!!!

It's looking good so far. I really enjoy seeing your processes for making the mods, the time and effort you put into them is astounding. I'm looking forward to this one being released, new toys...

elemental

Just a few tips. You are calling the plant/crop "haystack" but a better name for the crop would be alfalfa or lucerne. Once the plant is harvested and dried it is called hay.

Haystacks are usually big loose stacks of hay. Your small rectangular bundles are usually called hay bales, so a better name for the rectangular bundles would be "hay bales" or just "hay", or "fodder". I hope this helps.  :)

Can you please also make some deco hay bales and haystacks for pastures? And maybe a hay barn too? Ghost decorations so they can go in pastures.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on March 06, 2017, 01:35:11 AM
Just a few tips. You are calling the plant/crop "haystack" but a better name for the crop would be alfalfa or lucerne. Once the plant is harvested and dried it is called hay.

Haystacks are usually big loose stacks of hay. Your small rectangular bundles are usually called hay bales, so a better name for the rectangular bundles would be "hay bales" or just "hay", or "fodder". I hope this helps.  :)

Can you please also make some deco hay bales and haystacks for pastures? And maybe a hay barn too? Ghost decorations so they can go in pastures.  :)

ok so i need to rename the crop : Alfalfa ?
so i need to rename the resource itself : Hay ?

and what if i put the "form or the shape" of these stacks/bales totally random ? (i know i need to work more on the hay stack shape.... ^^) but can have random different shapes when it "drop" on the crop.

Nilla

As a former farmgirl I can say; hay is dried grass (and other similar plants) not a crop like the one you have made. Your field seems to make straw, the stalk from crops, also a product used in farming. Mainly it's put on the floor in stables to absorb urine and dung from the animals, to make it easier to clean. Your crop looks good but you should give it another name than hey.

In my childhood hey looked like pic 1. Today like pic 2. I can see some of those just now, when I look out of my window.  :( 3 picture was the only one I found whitout tractor, where a part of the unharvested hay still is shown.

RedKetchup

we cannot please everybody :( there are always someone not happy :(
specially with this game that is so restrictive and totally lack of vision. i dont want to make straw, i want to make something that feed the horses. sorry if it doesnt "fit" your reality, Nilla.

meanwhile, i made 4 different random models that will appear on the ground when they harvest it. i have so hard to do these kind of things lol i will never be a good scuptor  :-[
the thing i am happy, the crop looks like more like grass than previously.

i need now to change the numbers, i think i doubled the number too high, i will put them down to 150% of normal crop instead of 200%

Nilla

No problem. :)

As always, you are right.

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 06, 2017, 02:27:02 AM

ok so i need to rename the crop : Alfalfa ?
so i need to rename the resource itself : Hay ?

and what if i put the "form or the shape" of these stacks/bales totally random ? (i know i need to work more on the hay stack shape.... ^^) but can have random different shapes when it "drop" on the crop.

Rectangular bales look good to me but the other ones aren't bad either. I think the rectangular ones might be a bit modern for the game, but that doesn't worry me.  :)

From wiki:

Commonly used plants for hay include mixtures of grasses such as ryegrass (Lolium species), timothy, brome, fescue, Bermuda grass, orchard grass, and other species, depending on region. Hay may also include legumes, such as alfalfa (lucerne) and clovers (red, white and subterranean).

Oat, barley, and wheat plant materials are occasionally cut green and made into hay for animal fodder; however they are more usually used in the form of straw, a harvest byproduct where the stems and dead leaves are baled after the grain has been harvested and threshed. Straw is used mainly for animal bedding. Although straw is also used as fodder, particularly as a source of dietary fiber, it has lower nutritional value than hay.

So alfalfa is one plant that can be used to make hay, but there are lots of others. Timothy grass seems to be a popular hay crop in the UK and in the US/Canada. It was popular in the 1700s and by coincidence it looks a bit like the crop you have modeled. Except in real life it's much shorter than your model. So Timothy grass might be a good choice. It's up to you.

Your crop should probably be green because apparently hay crops are harvested when green, but that's a minor detail. Just depends on if you want it to be like real life or not. Again, it's up to you because you are the one making it.  :)

RedKetchup

thats not a problem, i can name timothy  ::) i agree about more green... i already thought about it which looking the crops growing... i will anyways have to make some change to my mesh cause i see too much "shadows" under it. it is cause the leaves are rectangle for minimum polygons and i use semi transparent for the look. but the bad shadow engine makes shadows from transparent zones  :-[

RedKetchup

btw .... what if .........

instead using crops.... and farmers....

i go with the "forester engeneering" technic ?

a special farm buildings you put in an open field and its worker will work to seed the field with timothy grass ?
and then harvest the field to get hay bundles ?