News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grammycat

My hubby and I farmed for over 30 years so I do have some experience in the US.  Yes, hay is cut green then is left to dry until all the moisture is out of it turning it brown.  However, the game limits probably would not allow that unless you could make the crop green and the bales brown.  Green bales would mold and make animals sick.

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on March 06, 2017, 06:18:11 AM
My hubby and I farmed for over 30 years so I do have some experience in the US.  Yes, hay is cut green then is left to dry until all the moisture is out of it turning it brown.  However, the game limits probably would not allow that unless you could make the crop green and the bales brown.  Green bales would mold and make animals sick.

yeah thats what i read @grammycat  :)

i want you all look at this :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

I like this crop model. Looks similar to my rye and can be easily confused with such grains. So I also suggest to give it green stems and to scale it down to the half of a citizen. Then it can more look like grass. Alfalfa was a great idea by elemental for a forage crop. A pity that this soil quality thing was canceled by Luke. Alfalfa could get the function to increase it. And of course it looks totally different. :)

Tom Sawyer

Ey, what are you doing in my post.^^

I played around with these noise variables but hard to find out what they do exactly. I think it was even hard for Luke himself, so he added this noise tool to find good values. It has to be made visible in the toolbar.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 06, 2017, 07:28:45 AM
Ey, what are you doing in my post.^^

I played around with these noise variables but hard to find out what they do exactly. I think it was even hard for Luke himself, so he added this noise tool to find good values. It has to be made visible in the toolbar.

OOPS sorry ... i guess i ve clicked : "edit" instead of "quote" :( so sorry i didnt meant too @Tom Sawyer

yeah i will lower them down when i ll go redo the mesh :)

anyone familiarized with the forester technics ? and about those "noise" thing ?

what i shall do if i want to have every square used ?

NaturalResourceDescription naturalresource
{
ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template\RawMaterialHayStack.rsc";

// placement
float _noisePersistance = 1.0;
float _noiseOctaves = 4.0;
float _noiseScale = 30.0;
float _noiseCutoff = 0.35;
float _spawnChance = 0.9;

bool _groupModels = true;
float _groupPersistance = 1.0;
float _groupOctaves = 1.0;
float _groupScale = 5.0;
float _groupCutOff = 0.5;
int _groupRandom = 5;

float _minHeight = 0.0f;
float _maxHeight = 1.0f;
float _maxAngle = 0.75f;

bool _animated = false;
//Time _preAnimateTime = 6.0;
//Time _postAnimateTime = 3.0;
ToolType _toolType = Scythe;

float _positionTolerance = 0.4;
}

btw i love it ! if gives the game ... a new 3D dimension the game is missing : having fluffly grass all around  (just need the wind animations^^) ;D

grammycat

I like it Red.  About the size, we've had hayfields that you could walk through and it would be over your head, then there are fields where it's shorter-depends on the type seed planted.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 06, 2017, 06:14:11 AMinstead using crops.... and farmers....
i go with the "forester engeneering" technic ?

Sounds good to me...

Cool new farming idea...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on March 06, 2017, 08:01:53 AM
I like it Red.  About the size, we've had hayfields that you could walk through and it would be over your head, then there are fields where it's shorter-depends on the type seed planted.

which one you like ? the crop or the forester technic ?

grammycat

I like the forester, we already have so many crops.

RedKetchup

if there is more people who also like the forester method , more than crop ... i ll go for that

kid1293

Go for the forester. Personally I like diversity and crops are in abundance.
I would like to learn that forester gathering myself. Having thoughts about it.

One more thing, even if you have a large radius there are limits.
It won't spread all over the map. Looks natural, I think.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on March 06, 2017, 09:15:50 AM
Go for the forester. Personally I like diversity and crops are in abundance.
I would like to learn that forester gathering myself. Having thoughts about it.

One more thing, even if you have a large radius there are limits.
It won't spread all over the map. Looks natural, I think.

yeah more i stare at it ... and more i like it :)

i ve put the color just a little bit more green, not alot cause too much green it is worst than gold :(
and i made the " fluffs" of grass 4X bigger. i think it looks better

Paeng

Yes, I also like the "Forester" idea   :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

the forest option is better. i'd recommend changing the looks of it thou. mayb a hay barn would be a better fit. will that grass drop hay piles? like when trees are cut they drop logs. to bad we can't use a square instead of a circle. i do think it should be a smaller radius than the vanilla forester ,more like the mini forester.however,that also depends on the output needed to run the set and still produce enough food at the other end. is there plansto add another output to the forester?

RedKetchup

for sure there will be another mesh for it, maybe similar to a barn but with hay bundles inside.
i still did another version a little more green so the foresters (<= i will need a name for new profession or should i take the farmers??)... so the foresters plant both: the less green and the more green ^^

i dont see what else i can put as resource ^^
and yes, when they cut those , instead of logs, it drop a hay stack on the ground :)

overall i think it is alot better than if i would have tried the gatherer... foresters plant them at least which gatherers dont do^^
(in this last screenshot, you can see some are greeners)