News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kralyerg

It would be funny to watch, though. The forester walking around planting in the dead of winter only to have his fodder instantly die every time.  :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: kralyerg on March 08, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
It would be funny to watch, though. The forester walking around planting in the dead of winter only to have his fodder instantly die every time.  :D

oh they wouldnt even grow a little ^^

btw, just finished the Fodder Farmers building :)
inspired by... the forester lodge  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

some screenshots in game ^^

ooops i forgot to put a door in the back lol (screenshot 2)

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 08, 2017, 11:17:55 PM
@RedKetchup that looks terrific :)

thx :)

fixed the back door. just need to do the footprint and start to tweaks numbers

QueryEverything

excellent work :)  and we will have matching barns, flagged just for this chain?
(pretty pretty please)  :D :D :D

elemental

Looking good. At first I didn't really like the idea of growing fodder to make manure to make food, but I've warmed to it now. Fodder would have been an essential aspect of rural life but it has been completely ignored in the game - up until now. (chickens and other animals out grazing in the snow!) Even though the animals don't require winter food, we can at least acknowledge some of the effort that goes into keeping them alive over winter through this chain. And if you really wanted to you could trade away some of the fodder for nothing, just to simulate the farm animals eating it.

And as a bonus the buildings look absolutely great.  :)

DesoPL

Hey i like that farmers lodge! Looks really cool Red! :)

RedKetchup

so i am testing some numbers.....
mainly presently.... i made them disappear when temperature go down

i get a huge problem with this :( they are so much occupied to plant.... and to plant every year...  i barely get 180 fodder per year. around 4 or 5 shot of 30-42 each resource harvested  :-[
there are tons of resources to grab but too much occupied. so i am not sure about that.

RedKetchup

the big difference with trees for a forester, i know trees arent eternals but they live through winters and live up to like 9 years (which represent almost a whole citizen life)
so i guess they used to just roaming around and plant ^^ and presently harvest 1 resource is still high at 30-42 per.

if you get lucky and get a mild winter... and get the temperature not going below 20F .... you can get a better harvest next year since they didnt all disappeared but if happends, you get almost nothing next year.

and i didnt gone to see "harsh" starting condition yet ^^

QueryEverything

Would a smaller radius work?
So the 'foresters' have left planting & harvesting to do between Winters?

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 09, 2017, 02:25:45 PM
Would a smaller radius work?
So the 'foresters' have left planting & harvesting to do between Winters?

they are 4 in the building for an already alot smaller radius and they never finish to plants before winter lol
i ve put radius of 20 , the original has 30 tiles radius!

QueryEverything

Oh wow and 4 Banis ...  cripes ...
That's a lot of work power needed, if you don't have enough food to even cover 400 units, then  ....  I would use it, other than cos it's fun, and only then with 1 Bani.    (I know this doesn't make food, but if the food at the end of the chain doesn't cover the workers throughout the chain, then I typically won't do it til very late in the game, which is a shame).

I am not complaining (please don't think that) just explaining how I choose food chains, and what I prioritise.  :)

Ok - so, make a smaller building, 'gatherer', that will only harvest what the foresters plant.

Essentially, as the foresters go along and plant all their goodies, the harvester goes along after them harvesting the goodies.
The building would be smaller, (or, at least one of the buildings would be smaller), and fit together with the Forester & (hopefully the small) barn, and it's a little working area.

If you had the smaller foresters, who plant, in the smaller building, you then keep your larger building, but for the harvesters, as you already have the decorations etc, and the room for the 'storage', in a sense.

Thoughts???
(just casual ideas @RedKetchup but it's a way to combat the issue of the foresters not harvesting in time, and the workload can be split then, and a profit can still be made, either by food (end of chain) or at the traders. :D )

Further thought .... the buildings would have a medium footprint (if more than 1), that way you don't lose too much planting room.  Otherwise, have the gatherer with double the radius, and then they can cover 2 areas, so you could have 2 forester buildings in the 1 harvesters radius, if the harvester works quicker than the forester.  That way we are also not losing valuable land to just buildings).

RedKetchup

no i think the best answer is to not let die these patches of grass, once they took 2-3 years and fill the gound up, the production becomes stable and productive.
and more of patches better look is too.

a 4 workers crop gives 1534 food/year
a 4 workers gatherer hut gives 2250 food/year

so a 2 workers fodder + 2 stablemen = 4 + 2 water gatherer and 2 greenhouse workers = 2x4 total. then at the end should give 4500 food/year
which is good to keep alive 45 citizens