News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartender

I like these! It's an interesting idea to make buildings that don't align to the grid, how does it work out visually with roads and such?

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 13, 2017, 10:52:04 PM
will see later about the dry fish racks :)

meanwhile i was back to ... Asian ...

i did 6 "wood" houses... and 6 "stone" houses.... and @Paeng  will be happy ... i didnt necessairly make them very much different but gave instead a different "angle" :)

the "wood" houses are dirty, poor, straw roof, wood, an incense bowl in front for a light little smoke as occupation sign...
and the "stone" are more clean with roof tiles, a stone base and a stone chimney, some paint walls...

i know not everything is perfect ... but i am tired to spend and lose 5-6 days because a branch is not as wished or expected.... (refencing to all the time i ve lost to bamboo, cherry trees....) so .... i am trying now to do simple and it will stay as i decided ^^
I like them, I also liked the original ones you did as well. I don't care if they are not perfectly Japanese or Chinese or whatever. They have an Asian style that is distinctly different to the European style of the original game (which was not perfectly European anyway...). I would be happy to use these buildings and other similar Asian styled buildings you mnight make.

RedKetchup

it goes with the little temple/school and the little market i did :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so i edited the temple i made a while ago and turned it into a little school of 24 students.

i deleted unwanted polygons in it, something was totally really wrong (deleted a good k of poly)
some people told me at some point to be japanese... it had too many small squares on the wall and should have been bigger... so i deleted half of the wooden beams making the square planes bigger. i ve put a window in the back, and some paintings too :)
too bad we cant zoom in :S again.

RedKetchup

euh.....

presently occupied to make a new pottery factory :P

Abandoned

that looks fantastic Mr @RedKetchup    :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on April 23, 2017, 06:07:01 AM
that looks fantastic Mr @RedKetchup    :)

thx :)

i added last items to it : shuttles, doors, pottery, clay, fire (will have smoke and real fire)

anyone reconize this building i reproduced ?

QueryEverything

Is that your bakery?  It looks like it with the 2 chimneys :D
Never mind, I checked and the chimneys are in the wrong spot :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

well to not polute the other thread in mod talk ..... i moved the last 3-4 reply with my RedKetchup work in progress....  :-[

and to add to it :

a new tailor factory to go with the pottery factory ??

Nilla

A new set with a new design. :) Look nice.

You say factory. Does it mean, that you can assign "a lot" of workers into it? Even if there are a few "factory looking" buildings, (like your ketchup factory and Kid's sugar refinery) they are no real factories, since you can only assign a few workers (2 if I remember right). A real factory for late game use, could be something new to Banished. It would not be historically false. Many of the Banished buildings (vanilla and modded) are of 19 century design; time of industrial revolution. I guess it will not be easy to set the "numbers". A factory should produce a lot but of cause not be overpowered.

RedKetchup

yes i can probably do and when i ll have enough for a set and put many workers in it.
those arent from industrial though .... they supposely have around 20 centuries old lol

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

yea, you´re right about the look of these buildings; could be from the Roman empire some year BC.

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I was going to guess you reproduced pottery factory from Ketchup Inc. These look fantastic, love the colors, very nice set.

Paeng

Very nice buildings...  ;D

The one thing I'm not too keen about are the tight fences (walls)...  :-[
I find it nicer if we can build our own, e.g. to turn the whole thing into a compound with several buildings...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]