News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 01, 2017, 11:00:04 AM
i am not sure. a canal and river are 2 things very different in water quality. i dont see anybody drinking this water. and it is even the opposite, instead to take water.... it gets all the used water from civilization ^^

i should have made pieces with an hole and iron bars , and with used water that fall into the canals lol. but i understand your idea :)

maybe if i put the "ceasar" "roman" meshes into game.... i should do a water pomp and make roman canal that bring waters :)
Possibly have the little water inlets, the hidden water ways, running into the canal, then have off to the side, a set of pieces, a runoff and settlement area, then a 3rd component, a water recycle station (think eco recycle, fish ponds & grasses etc), then followed by the clean water reserve which has the clean water, a collection point and storage facility.

There would be a few components to it, but it would turn the canal sewerage issue, into clean, eco friendly water that could then be used inturn by the irrigation system that Embx has designed as well.  :D

That's a rather large project though, and it might not even tickle your enthusiasm @RedKetchup  , but it's an idea :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

the only thing i thought to add at some point... was a little hole with used water flowing it back in the canal :)
when i say used.... it is not from toilets lol ^^ but from maybe fountains and washing places ^^

working presently on the 3ways (6x 8x) ... after only piece left to do are the corners (6x 8x)
i will maybe add one more piece to the set ... i let no hints though yet ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

A couple of suggestions...

A little triangular piece of wall (half of one tile) would be very useful. If you have two pieces of straight canal that are out of alignment by 1 tile the triangular wall filler could join them up. It would more or less allow us to make diagonal canals (sort of).

Something that looks good when you build a canal over the top of a small stream would also be useful. A culvert or something like that. It doesn't really make real-world sense but it would still look better than just having the stream run straight into and out of the canal wall.

Actually, if a culvert piece could be built a couple of tiles away from the canal (a completely separate piece, not part of the canal walls) it would be even better. It could be used on any small stream, not just near canals. It would let you raise a section of stream bed to ground level so you can build on it, and it would look like the stream is still flowing underneath.

Gatherer

That gives another idea: round canal corners.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

@RedKetchup just call me sleepy, but ... just checking for the ChooChod mod updates etc ...
I have it in MM 0.07, and it's showing as listed ChooChoo v2

I just want to make sure that the MM v2, is the same as the one here, and if not - that there wouldn't be any problem loading the newer version from here, over the top of MM ?!?

I started to build my new mining district with the pieces when I realised that there may have been upgrades etc since you sent it over to MM.  :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

MM0.07 has the same choochoo that we have here. so it has no use for you for the moment. till it wont be upgraded

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on June 02, 2017, 04:15:27 PM
That gives another idea: round canal corners.

i hate everything that is round lol

btw i wanted to add an house sitting on a canal ... but i ve decided to not add anything else. i already put too much time on the update.
only my templates for the 8X to do and will release it once i see in game that everything is ok.

i need to pass at other things :P

QueryEverything

Thank you @RedKetchup :)
And apologies, I was exhausted last night when I posted and wrote ChooChod, instead of ChooChoo :) 

And excellent news on the canal, nearing the finish line!!  The screenshots are looking very tempting :D

RedKetchup

no worries... if i need more explanations... let me know ^^

well i just saw the 6x and 8x in game....
:'(  :'(  :'( alot of modification i need to do. will take me all tomorrow day for those fixes.

some pieces doesnt have the right level of water (6x 8x bridges, 6x 8x corners, 6x 8x ends)
some pieces the digging is not right and should 1 or 2 tiles away (6x 8x mills, 6x 8x trading posts)

ALL 6x 8x pieces need to dig further down, we see the blue arrow through the water.

still alot of work awaiting me on this.
oh and also , i still need to do the jokers 4>6 , 6>8 , 4>8 ?

EDIT: all pieces fixed :) just need to do the 2 jokers :)

despo_20

RedKetchup

Jokers done :)

Nvidia one is kinda rdy to be released :)
i will need a tester though for the radeon/Intel one to make sure my plane is at good position below the water so we dont have any pink and any moiré

Discrepancy

That screenshot looks great @RedKetchup , I really like the dark stone :)

And I'm happy to test the mod with my radeon if you'd like.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 05, 2017, 11:59:36 PM
That screenshot looks great @RedKetchup , I really like the dark stone :)

And I'm happy to test the mod with my radeon if you'd like.

there is a test available in the pink water thread. i am trying some other things before i release a version with a double blue layer below the water. as we know we tested it not super great : there was still a little of pink in the ends. so i still trying to find the perfect fix

despo_20

The dark stones make a beautiful contrast to the grass. I like them too!   :)
I've an Nvidia gpu, so I'm not useful for testing...

RedKetchup

The Radeon versions are posted now :) THANKS YOU ALL for your patience and all your testings about to find a fix for AMD/intel users :)
THANKS to @Bartender  for his awesome Bartender's Liquid Water technology ™ :) and THANKS to @Discrepancy  for his* fix for AMD users :)

NMT3.1Series: Canal Set - Radeon for 1.0.6 : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1768.0
NMT3.1Series: Canal Set - Radeon for 1.0.7 : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1769.0

NMT3.1Series: Canal Set - Nvidia for 1.0.6 : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1762.0
NMT3.1Series: Canal Set - Nvidia for 1.0.7 : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1763.0

I will finally be able to work on something else now. it is been a good month and more i was editing / re-editing those canals.

and so sorry if alot of suggestions didnt made through. Thanks all !