News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so i gone back to redo entirely the little house i was playing today .....

i will do couple or more models to go with ...

it will be a little kit to go with NMT3.0Series.

they are very cozy, and are same size graphically as the vanilla wooden/stone house, the only difference instead of 4x4 + 1 for the road ... they will be 4x4 with the road
which mean they will have 1 tile in the back ghosted (or overlapped) which will allow you to put it more further than usual. you will able to use that tile for mountain example, or in the water (on the beach of a lake or river) you will even be able to use that ghosted tile to put over a NMT3.0:Canal System :) and give some effect :)

i will make all the variant with all 8 canal textures and i ll try to make 2-3 "F" alternate models.

but i ll will do that very slowly, no timeline though.

(it is nice to get out of plants and trees for couple of days ^^)

of course, it uses the new " Transparency Glass Technology" ™ from Bartender :D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

Since idk what is going on with CC, i guess i going download your mods and others like Embx etc. :)

Wish only could be some compilation without downloading too many mods, like megamod.

Abandoned

Mr, @RedKetchup those canals and new houses look pretty super to me  :)

embx61

@DesoPL

Some want compilations others want mods separated.

If I make a set some ask to get some parts of it separated,
If I make all separated some will ask to add several or all of them in a big mod :)

Let me first say that there is no right and wrong here and it is just players personal preference.

But for the modder it can become a updating nightmare to make several versions of the same mods.

I have done it and will continue adding to the unified mod, Although Unified will always be a bit behind. Latest Unified don't have the irrigation channels and the boarding house yet integrated but is up to date with everything else I created so far so not that bad behind.

If a modder need to update one mod he have to do it twice if he decides to make a compilation mod besides his stand alone/sets and to be honest we rather create new things then to keep digging in the same code twice.

Almost all my older separate mods in the download section are not updated for a long time because it is just too much work.
Last update for most of them was just game breaking bug fixes and making use of the community toolbar.

Since I created the production/storage/housing sets I decided to leave them but updating will be either very slow or not at all.

That was the reason for me to create several buildings in one PKM what makes a bit of sense. Some chains with several building which will work together in a production chain(s)
It is not perfect but at least it is a middle of the road approach what hopefully make sit a bit easier on the players but for sure makes my life a bit easier :)

Last I know is that Shock was in the hospital but seem to be out of the hospital and recovering and a couple of days ago I read that kralyerg seems to be sick too.

I wish them both well.

Time ill tell if both return or not.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

i just made all 8 different textures about this first model of NMT Little Houses ... they are gorgeous in 3dsMax :)
no screen yet of in game view though, i need to make alot of code for all 8 text and probably also doing in same time code of 3-4-5 models  :'(
it will take like 3-4 hrs

RedKetchup

oh also, i will probably take up the opportunity to use the new feature that Luke gave us : build requiment up to 6 :)
but nothing too serious though ... maybe + 1 iron, + 1 tool... and something else.....

Luke in his example used +1 firewood +1 coal... +1 iron for the wooden house...

i wish to add glasses though but.... i would need to add glasses to the starting conditions so we can start to build those right from the bat :P (i mean right from the start lol, maybe a french canadian expression ? lol)

elemental

Right off the bat is an English expression too.

I don't really understand why you need to have a tool as a house building material. The builders need tools to work efficiently and they consume tools just like all the other workers. Pottery makes more sense to me. But of course it's your choice how you do it.

You don't really need to worry about starting conditions. We can build vanilla houses (and lots of other houses too) at the start of any game and then build better houses when we have the necessary resources. (glass, pottery, whatever...)

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on July 11, 2017, 06:27:41 PM
Right off the bat is an English expression too.

so where is from ? what it means ?

"bat" is it from baseball bat ? where the "bat" is from ?
a dos .bat ? lol

RedKetchup

some screenshot from the ingame NMT little housing :)

RedKetchup

some more screenshot from the ingame NMT little housing :)

elemental

The red brick houses look great in the snow.

I thought that "right off the bat" might be a British English expression from cricket, but it seems that it's an American expression from baseball. It just means immediately/fast/straight away.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on July 11, 2017, 10:23:42 PM
The red brick houses look great in the snow.

I thought that "right off the bat" might be a British English expression from cricket, but it seems that it's an American expression from baseball. It just means immediately/fast/straight away.

so every game that have a bat of something lolllz

taniu

@ RedKetchup  :)Beautiful buildings and plenty of testers, good that you added wood texture, great idea, your magic hands create fantastic mods :)Thank you applause

RedKetchup

Abandoned