News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Making lumber

Started by galensgranny, September 15, 2017, 11:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I have been searching but did not find the answer.  What building produces lumber - wood planks, that are needed for some buildings?  I do not use Colonial Charter, which has one that can do that.  Is there any way to make lumber boards without Colonial Charter?

Paeng

Quote from: galensgranny on September 15, 2017, 11:47:37 PMWhat building produces lumber - wood planks, that are needed for some buildings?  I do not use Colonial Charter

Hmmm... good question... I thought that lumber is unique to CC - if you are not using CC, what building requires lumber?

* The new CC modular sets have lumber removed from their requirements, maybe one slipped through?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Maybe the Colonial New England Houses mod from the Pilgrim.

Some of those require Lumber.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on September 16, 2017, 12:44:28 AMMaybe the Colonial New England Houses mod

Does that work without CC though?

galensgranny

Yes, some of the Colonial Houses need lumber, but also buildings, including the watermill from Necora's Maritimes Sherbrooke Village.  That watermill is said to produce lumber, but it needs lumber to build it!

embx61

The Pilgrim I am pretty sure it needs CC.

The mod was originally made as a CC addon.

The Pine set I don't know if Necora has a production building for lumber.
If not the only way to get lumber is to trade for it or load CC.

I like to create a saw mill at some point what produces lumber but this won't help you now.

galensgranny

Quote from: embx61 on September 16, 2017, 01:08:09 AM
The Pilgrim I am pretty sure it needs CC.

The mod was originally made as a CC addon.

The Pine set I don't know if Necora has a production building for lumber.
If not the only way to get lumber is to trade for it or load CC.

I like to create a saw mill at some point what produces lumber but this won't help you now.

CC takes a long time to load on my computer, and had too much stuff going on, so it was not much fun for me.  Mostly the very, very, very long load time was off putting.

I can wait for your saw mill that will produce lumber, embx61!  :) I hope it won't be an overly long wait.   It might take as long to wait for you as it might take for a trader to finally come along with lumber.

Maybe Necora would think about changing that watermill that makes lumber to not needing lumber to build it in the first place. 

It would be good for modders to add a note to their download posts if Colonial Charter mod is necessary, as well as add where one can find buildings that produce materials needed to build or make use of a person's particular mod.

embx61

Does Necora have a mill what produces Lumber?

But it needs lumber to build :)

I currently updating the Unified Mod with the latest bug fixes and the latest added stuff. (Almost done)

Then I finish my shoemaker and after this I will create a lumber saw mill.

galensgranny

Quote from: embx61 on September 16, 2017, 01:31:05 AM
Does Necora have a mill what produces Lumber?

But it needs lumber to build :)

I currently updating the Unified Mod with the latest bug fixes and the latest added stuff. (Almost done)

Then I finish my shoemaker and after this I will create a lumber saw mill.

Yay!  :)

Oh, yes, a shoemaker!  Those poor Bannies are all now tying what is left of the soles of their shoes to their feet with yarn made from sheep wool, or just wearing wool socks.  They need new shoes!

khemari

QuoteMaybe Necora would think about changing that watermill that makes lumber to not needing lumber to build it in the first place.

Necora's Maritime Pine Set has a small Pine Lumber Cutter that only needs 15 wood [and 5 stone] to build. It's low production but a good startup.

Hope this helps ;D

galensgranny

I added Necora's Pine Set, and yes, it has a Lumber Cutter that does not need lumber to build it.  However, the Pine Set changes things about the game, adding many different things.  I would play a game with all those new and different things, but I am wanting a Lumber Cutter that could be used by itself in a more simple game play.

Necora

Hey @galensgranny a lumber mill that needs lumber... seems odd right? There is a reason though, that building is big and powerful in terms of lumber and firewood output, it seems odd that it would need only logs and stone to build. So I added the lumber for a) realism and b) the to make it harder to build the building without either trading for the lumber (which you can always do btw) or making lumber via smaller, slower ways such as the pine set.

There will be a lumber shed in the Port Royal set which I'm currently going through final tests of, and there is also a way to get it in the maritimes offshore fishers (already released), neither of these sets change much about the actual game like the pine set does.

Paeng

Quote from: Necora on September 16, 2017, 06:26:01 AMto make it harder to build the building without either trading

As much as I understand the reason for this, I feel with Galensgranny... I know how painful it can be waiting for a trader to bring things that you need for a certain building, and no other way to get it... with my luck I may have to wait 20 or 30 years  ???    :)   

I'd rather pay a really high price for the materials, as long as I can get the ingredients locally... e.g. to build a sawmill could maybe cost like several hundreds of logs - that would make very early construction harder, too - but still within a reasonable timeframe.

brads3

what about a 2 tier system?? 1 is slab lumber,which is squared of logs can be made in a small yard pit. the other is the traditional or modern lumber but requires a sawmill that needs iron to be built.1 can be accessed earlier in game since you don't need to build the iron chain and reserves for.this allows other housing options.

Necora

The issue is how I've split up the maritimes mods (they were initially meant to be 1 cohesive mod). The 'simple' lumber production buildings just happen to fall into other sets (pine, port royal) with other 'simple' industrial buildings, which is their kind of theme. Sherbrooke was meant as more 'advanced' buildings. That is why I didn't include a 'simple' way of producing lumber, I assume it would be used with other mods to get this resource (and others) or other wise just trade (which I know can be annoying). I am in the process of re-imagining some of the mods, including the use of lumber rather than wood (in the other topic here http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2003.15 ). I have the idea for a small industry set which will include a basic wood working (among others) work places that won't change any other aspects of the game (basically - I'm bored of making the same building many times for different themes (there are 3 small lumber cutters now, all doing the same thing, but in different sets) and want to consolidate the basic industry into 1 thing).