News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

auto-purchase trading post

Started by assobanana76, September 18, 2014, 08:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I hope it's the right section of the forum..

someone explains to me how it works ??
there is only one list (which I think is the purchase order), but there is not a list of sale!
automatically he buys the total of the products offered in the order that I give him .. but with what pays ?? following which order of the products stored?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Unfortunately you cannot control what gets traded away. It seems to start at the top of the list and work its way down. This is what stops me from using it.

rkelly17

Yeah, that's why I only autotrade when I have the TP stocking one commodity for selling. I really don't want my traders selling firewood at a discount to food merchants.

assobanana76

done so in effect it makes little sense ..
would have at least had to set the order of goods to give in return ..
so if the trader, in exchange for his goods, he asks two products I could decide what to give and in what order ..

the auto-purchase buys the total of the goods offered in the order that I give him?
and the merchant takes in exchange for my random thing?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Pangaea

Quote from: irrelevant on September 18, 2014, 08:34:15 AM
Unfortunately you cannot control what gets traded away. It seems to start at the top of the list and work its way down. This is what stops me from using it.

I've never used the auto trading as I only operate with a few trading OPs and want to stay in control (and in truth I've never had bit cities), but this does indeed sound unfortunate. Suppose a new UI would be needed to control what gets traded, and that may not come at this stage of development. Thought you could re-arrange those items though, but that doesn't help? It's just for buying purposes, but the merchant will sell anything you have in the port?

assobanana76

Quote from: Pangaea on September 23, 2014, 05:24:50 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on September 18, 2014, 08:34:15 AM

I've never used the auto trading as I only operate with a few trading OPs and want to stay in control (and in truth I've never had bit cities), but this does indeed sound unfortunate. Suppose a new UI would be needed to control what gets traded, and that may not come at this stage of development. Thought you could re-arrange those items though, but that doesn't help? It's just for buying purposes, but the merchant will sell anything you have in the port?
work that way ..
imposed which products you want to buy with earlier and then he does it all!
when a trader arrives, your trader buys before the total of products that you have given precedence and then the rest in order. and the merchant, I think, take stock of your products he wants without any control!

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 23, 2014, 01:32:00 AM
the auto-purchase buys the total of the goods offered in the order that I give him?
and the merchant takes in exchange for my random thing?

The way auto-trade buying works is that you set the amounts and the priorities in the "Purchase" tab of the Trading Post. When a merchant arrives carrying those goods your traders buy as many as you specify (if the merchant has that many--often they don't) in the order you specify until your TP runs out of trading items the merchant will take. If a merchant has more of a certain item than you have specified, your traders will only buy as much as you specified. For example, I often set my TPs to buy 400 logs, 400 stone and 200 iron in that order (click on the little up/down arrows next to the commodity name to move a commodity up or down the priority list). Lets say I have 1000 ale in the TP. If the resource merchant shows up with 500 logs, 200 stone and 400 iron my traders will trade ale for 400 logs, 200 stone and 200 iron. If I only have 100 ale in the TP the traders will go down the list until they run out of ale to trade, so I might end up with only 400 logs and no stone or iron. If you don't open the TP window the merchant will hang around for one season and then leave.

You can combine orders to specific merchants with auto-trading. Say you order logs, stone and iron from the resource merchant and the general goods merchant. They will both bring copious amounts of the those items, but your traders will only buy as much as you have set in the purchase tab.

As to deciding what to trade away, I'm not quite sure how the traders decide. I have noticed in a TP stocked with both firewood and ale that the firewood seems to go first (not sure about this, but that's what it looks like). That is not what I want to happen, so, as I said, if I'm setting a TP to auto-trade I only stock one export item in that TP. If I am trading a necessity like tools or firewood I don't do auto-trade because if the traders trade a bunch away and then suck that amount out of your village you could have a major crisis.

assobanana76

Thanks !! all clear!
the only thing that still is not clear to me "If you do not open the window TP the merchant will hang around for one season and then leave" ..
if it is a self-purchase why I have to open the window?
does not do it all alone?
maybe it's a translation problem ....

of course this self-purchase is convenient only once you have all the seeds ..

irrelevant

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 24, 2014, 01:13:28 AM
Thanks !! all clear!
the only thing that still is not clear to me "If you do not open the window TP the merchant will hang around for one season and then leave" ..

You may like to have a look in the merchant's boat to see if he has anything else you wish to buy. If you need fruit and you auto-buy 1000, but he brings 5000, might you not buy more?

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on September 24, 2014, 04:54:39 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on September 24, 2014, 01:13:28 AM
Thanks !! all clear!

You may like to have a look in the merchant's boat to see if he has anything else you wish to buy. If you need fruit and you auto-buy 1000, but he brings 5000, might you not buy more?
ah ok. for what ...
but if I do not look, however, the auto-purchase work?

irrelevant

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on September 24, 2014, 04:58:06 AM
yes, it works.
OK! I'll just have all the seeds I will try to set it for the purchase of stone, iron, tools .. in exchange for firewood, alcohol and food in surplus!
Thanks!

rkelly17

yes, it works.

You can set it to auto-purchase when the merchant arrives, when the merchant leaves or never. By default it is set to "Never," so you have to make sure you change it. Sometimes I forget.  :( That's when it doesn't work.  :-[

assobanana76

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 24, 2014, 06:39:07 AM
yes, it works.

You can set it to auto-purchase when the merchant arrives, when the merchant leaves or never. By default it is set to "Never," so you have to make sure you change it. Sometimes I forget.  :( That's when it doesn't work.  :-[
what sense does it set the auto-sales when the merchant goes ??
with who auto-trades if his boat is gone ???

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 25, 2014, 01:10:07 AM
what sense does it set the auto-sales when the merchant goes ??
with who auto-trades if his boat is gone ???

I'm not sure why one would set it to trade when the merchant leaves (I set for when the merchant arrives, myself), but it is one of the options available. Is there anyone out there who uses that option?