News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bigger Families running amok ?

Started by tariel, October 02, 2014, 07:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tariel

Was getting repeated trader freezes. Well, I upgraded to The Patch. And took advantage of the opportunity to add Moar Stuff, like the new fountain, new alcohols down the line, and flax and cotton and new clothes for the empress  :big-grin:, and the farmyard and iron and stone gatherers, and what have you --  what the hell, the more the merrier, right ? :roll-laugh:

And a Strange Thing Is Happening on my way to the usual Bountiful town (even though now the general goods merchant doesn't take seedlings nor hide coats, which kind of throws a span in the way I do trade...) : suddenly, around 230 peeps, dozens began pining for houses. I had 19 House Alerts at one point. But the ratio houses/families, which I had established between 1,8 to 2,0 with the Bigger Families mod, was barely at 1,4 ! (and only one family living in the Boarding House....)

Something  has gone wonky with one of the new mods I added, I believe. I was playing with Bigger Families before the Patch and all the addenda, and I didn't have that problem.

Too bad. I suppose I will have to scrap that town. Sigh.

Any thought on this, anyone ?

slink

It sounds like a problem with pathing.  Did you build anything new just before then, that might have blocked access to some of the houses?

irrelevant

That was my thought as well. When they can't pathfind to their house, they start wanting a new one.

tariel

no -- I had this once in a while for one or two peeps and for that reason, but it cannot really happen now, what with the flattening tool :) Not for 19 peeps all running around all at once wanting houses. I built like crazy and it quieted down, I thought I had it licked, but it is now a recurring problem, with the boarding house filling up then emptying, then little house icons proliferating again , then... I can't go on building crazily like this, the population will explodei (already is !). I will scrap this map and begin another without Bigger Families, as the only reasonable explanation is that one or more of the mods I added interferes with that mod -- but I am not going to enable-de-enable them one by one. I love playing this game which already is a sinful time-sink, no need to make it worse just trouble-shootin endlessly. I can live without Bigger Families... ;D

Pangaea

Without having tried it, it sounds like Bigger Families mod is unbalanced, and causes a too rapid population increase. How many families do you have, and how many houses?