News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Longevity of Banished

Started by snapster, October 13, 2014, 07:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapster

Insults, if true, are actually very constructive. Or have you intelligent folk never been impeded by the dumb?

Where's the ambition in this thread, irrelevant? So you're satisfied with the way the game is and what the mod kit allows for? That's... that's it? Even if the game could be improved much further you don't really care?

rkelly17

Quote from: snapster on October 13, 2014, 11:20:14 AM
I couldn't care less whether you stop playing. You're so petty you even found a way to disparage what would undoubtedly be an improvement. This thread is actually constructive. Behold, peasants!

It's disgusting how pathetic some of you are. And you even dare to claim the higher ground, with ease too.

Oh dear, @snapster, you have really gone over the top here. Would it be at all possible to say what you need to say without coming across as arrogant and nasty? You are getting to the point of discrediting yourself, which I'm sure you don't really want to do.

snapster

You, dear sir, have just admitted to not reading the thread. Discrediting doesn't work by your lowly standards. Venture a comment on the learned town thing? Do you understand what a constructive discussion is about?

irrelevant

I think it's a great game. I said I had put several hundred hours into it, so my satisfaction is obvious. There are scores of mods that have added significant amounts of chrome to the basic game. Yet you would still call it shallow, as the game has not really changed that much, you still are doing the same basic thing: trying to balance food production, resource collection, and population growth so the town does not fall into a death spiral in one way or another. I don't have a long list of things I want to see added or changed, I don't really wish for undefined "improvements." The developer has made it pretty clear that no such improvements are forthcoming in any case.

snapster

Quote from: irrelevant on October 13, 2014, 11:32:57 AMYet you would still call it shallow, as the game has not really changed that much...

I don't really wish for undefined "improvements."

There's someone else who doesn't read when participating constructively. Quite the paradox. Why are you posting in this thread, irrelevant? I think it would move better if you didn't.

irrelevant

I was just thinking the same thing. Hope you've had fun here! :)

snapster

salamander

@snapster -- I'm done.  I thought about trying to bring the topic back to an even keel to try to answer your questions about the game (I missed that you hadn't played the game yet, and were looking for information about it before purchasing), but your approach is not appealing.  You can sarcastically call me a 'genius' or a 'smart loser' all you want -- I've been called worse -- but when you start the name-calling, calling @irrelevant 'dummy' comes to mind when he's one of the more experienced players of the game, I have to say "theres' no point."

Good luck with your approach to dealing with others.

snapster

Quote from: salamander on October 13, 2014, 12:00:32 PM(I missed that you hadn't played the game yet, and were looking for information about it before purchasing)

Why wouldn't you? I also don't think it was irrelevant I was calling a dummy. Skimming and speed-reading can get you a PhD but I guess it doesn't prepare you for a simple thread. Thank you for leaving the thread as well.

Quote from: salamander on October 13, 2014, 12:03:46 PM
Quote from: slink on October 13, 2014, 11:58:53 AM
I thought a curmudgeon had to be a bachelor male?  Maybe there is hope for me, if not.   ;D

My wife (after an actual legal ceremony) would say you might be incorrect about the bachelor part.  I think a large part of being a curmudgeon is not being willing to put up with BS.  :)

Anyone read this forum with a vomit bucket handy?

salamander

Despite my last post, is there a question you would like to ask?  I understand now that you haven't played the game yet, and may be considering purchasing it, and there are many folks here, with a considerable amount of experience with the game, who have been playing it for quite awhile.

The trick is you have to ask a question that can be answered -- issues such as 'deep' vs. 'shallow' are a matter of personal opinion.  You don't have to agree with what we think, but you also can't fault us for our beliefs.

Let's cut the crap that's happened so far.  If you can ask objective questions that can be answered objectively, I'm sure you'll find that there's a fair amount of experience to draw on in this forum.  You may decide to purchase the game, or you may not -- that's entirely your decision -- but you have to give it a fair chance.

Peace.

michaelrym

@snapster

Stop barking and go back to your basket, there's a good boy.

Admin

Ok  folks, I'm going to lock this thread.  Let's all make sure we are not having a miscommunication and taking issue with posters because of a misunderstanding.  If it seems someone is not seeing things the same way you do, make sure its not confusion. If you feel the poster(s) is are not going to see things your way, let it go and find another post to help/contribute/enjoy.

Thank you!

Let me state for everyone's benefit that I realize there are some on the internet that think aggressive verbal sparring and even trolling is a useful behavior but I do not subscribe to this at all.  Verbal abuse is still considered assault and will not be tolerated.  Trolling is already out of control on the internet and has created a herd of self important, self deluded bullies.  Let's keep things above board and helpful.