News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Questions

Started by snapster, October 22, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: snapster on October 29, 2014, 09:21:26 AM
Microsoft Visual Studio? For what specifically?
Game is written using it.  You might want to do something more extensive than can be done with just the run time package.

For me, it would be a serious nuisance since I'd have to run it under Linux/wine.  I looked at the mod kit and decided it was too much like work.  But then, I haven't done any serious coding, now, in something like 25 years.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

snapster

Quote from: solarscreen on October 29, 2014, 12:07:49 PMFood gets fully stocked each time a resident visits a barn or market.  That can take awhile before it dwindles and has to be resupplied.  The drop happens when you have a majority of your population hit the supplies at the same time.  If you have gatherers, hunters and fishers doing well, you may not see a drop.

Why not? They either visit storage before their food supplies dwindle and resupply or they don't. If food wasn't available at storage, regardless of its source, they would just go hungry. If food was available they would take it regardless of its source.

salamander

I think the basic idea behind that statement (by @solarscreen) is that food from gatherers, hunters and fishers is pretty much year round, but from farms comes in waves.  I think a lot of the death spiral is from the delay between food income from farms -- the starvation can get pretty severe while you're waiting for the harvest to come in, and as it does come in it's getting taken back out for houses just as quickly.  It seems the end result is a terribly uneven redistribution of food to houses, which can feed the spiral.

snapster

If not within range of a market would people in need of clothes and tools visit markets or would they go without?

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: snapster on October 29, 2014, 10:45:34 PM
If not within range of a market would people in need of clothes and tools visit markets or would they go without?
I don't think so.  They can always source from a warehouse (barn).
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

mariesalias

Quote from: snapster on October 29, 2014, 10:45:34 PM

In my experience, they go where they need to to get clothes/tools/food. If they are not in a market circle, the market probably won't be their first choice though.