News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEC 1.3.1: Blueberries not being harvested?

Started by LdyMiska, July 19, 2022, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LdyMiska

Hi RK, me again. :)

It seems there is a problem with the Blueberry Crop.

I've had Blueberries planted for at least 5+ (in game) years and Never have any blueberries. Also, there isn't a listing in the Town Hall Inventory for Blueberry, even though I bought the Blueberry Seed from the trader at least 5+ years ago.

I have the Max Number of Farmers on the Blueberry patch too, yet not One Blueberry.  :(

I really hope this isn't a 'bug', but thought you might want to know in case it is.

~Miska

Abandoned

The Blueberry patch probably yield Berries.  The listing in Town Hall would be Berries or Berry.  I haven't used RKEC for a long time so I am not sure which.  The production inventory of the patch itself would show what is harvested for currant or past season. 

RedKetchup

hmmmm blueberry in RKEC goes to orchard (not crops). and orchard can take some years to get food. but blueberry is blueberry, (wilderness too, the gatherers, should grab some wild blueberries....)

so it is strange you dont see the name blueberries.
do you have any mod ontop of RKEC in your mod list ?
(can you confirm that was an orchard? not crop)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Voeille

In my recent dock down the (blue)berries showed as either name depending on where I saw it. For example, it was blueberries in the town hall, but berries in a recipe used in one of Kid's jam houses, but it really was just the naming, the resource itself was still just vanilla berries.

LdyMiska

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 19, 2022, 10:46:36 PM
hmmmm blueberry in RKEC goes to orchard (not crops). and orchard can take some years to get food. but blueberry is blueberry, (wilderness too, the gatherers, should grab some wild blueberries....)

so it is strange you dont see the name blueberries.
do you have any mod ontop of RKEC in your mod list ?
(can you confirm that was an orchard? not crop)

Hi RK, guess who :)

I do have the RKEC mod at the top of my mod list and I can confirm that my Blueberry crop is an Orchard type crop; I have it next to my Blackberry Orchard crop, which is working as it should. :)

Here is a listing of the MODS I have and in the order I have them loaded in the game:

RKEC1.3.1
RKFarmstand
DS Roads
Better Rain Sound
doDaylightCycle
Debug Menu
CC Terrain Tools
Fly-Fishing
Llama Pasture
No Coal in Houses
No Wind Sound
Rocks Respawn

I do see Blueberry listed in the Town Hall 'Trade Items' Tab ever since I purchased the Blueberry Seed from the Trader. The Blueberry Item does Not show in the actual Town Hall 'Inventory' Tab, where all my produced/traded for items are listed.

I know my Farmers for the Blueberry Orchard Crop tend and harvest that crop normally each year. There are just no Blueberries gained from doing so. It has now been at least 10+ years since I purchased the Blueberry Seed and placed the Blueberry Orchard.

I don't believe the Blueberries are being mixed in with the default Berries the Gatherers get because I have not seen a dramatic increase in the default Berries since purchasing and planting the Blueberry Seed from the Trader.

~Miska

LdyMiska

Quote from: Voeille on July 20, 2022, 10:35:09 AM
In my recent dock down the (blue)berries showed as either name depending on where I saw it. For example, it was blueberries in the town hall, but berries in a recipe used in one of Kid's jam houses, but it really was just the naming, the resource itself was still just vanilla berries.

Thank You Voeille for letting me know, it's appreciated! :)

*Good to know that Kid has some Jam Houses because just the other day I was wondering if there was a way to make jam or jelly with the various fruits. :)

~Miska

LdyMiska

Hi RK, me again :)

Abandoned was Right, the Blueberries are being listed as Berries in the Town Hall Inventory Tab. I wouldn't have thought, since I really didn't see a marked increase in Berries after buying/planting/harvesting Blueberries, but it's True and I have PROOF! (lol)

I Caught one of the Farmers, just as she had picked up a Basket of Blueberries during Harvest, so I quickly got a ScreenShot of her Inventory and Berries were listed . . . She also left a basket on the ground as she put away the first basket, so I got a screenshot of that too . . .

Hope This Helps! ;)

~Miska

RedKetchup

1st picture, i see the blueberries in the farmer inventory is named berries.
2nd picture i see your orchard is working and there is a blueberry basket on the ground but...

there is an icon you can click to see the statistics of your orchard. (it looks like an "at sign" graphic).
In your screenshot it is greyed  :-X

i want you to try to click on it and show me the 2nd tab of your orchard, where it shows the production of this year and last year.

i think your orchard is bugged cause no path available. i know at the look of your orchard seems fine in your screenshot... but maybe it is the problem : no path available.
thats what i m suspecting.

Banished is weird sometime.

so... check statistics tab, screenshot. destroy the orchard and redo with -1 minus width and build a road between the 2 orchards.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

alright i m back from making some testing:

1. blueberries are effectively called: berries
2. the "at sign" icon , statistics is greyed by default and it is normal.
3. the blue berry orchard should produce right at 2nd year already (super fast)

last screenshot show the statistics for the 1st year. ( there you see it is named "Berries" )

LdyMiska

I don't think I need to break down and rebuild the Blueberry Orchard/Patch because there is a path right next to it on the left, but if you want me to and it will help, I will do that.

My Blueberry Patch IS producing Berries, I was just under the impression that they would be called Blueberry in the Inventory and not just Berries, along with those that the Gatherers pick up in the wild.

I did check the Second Tab of the Blueberry Orchard and found an Interesting Surprise!

Somehow, the farmers for that Orchard were able to also get some Tomatoes from the Blueberry Orchard . . . see below:

JUST TO CONFIRM I'M LOOKING AT THE CORRECT ORCHARD:

FOUND A SURPRISE IN THE SECOND TAB, WHEN I LOOKED:

I'm not sure why they would be getting 'rogue Tomatoes' from the Blueberry Orchard, since I have Tomatoes planted far away from this Orchard, but it was interesting to see since just as in Nature, seeds can be moved around/scattered by animals and you can find 'surprises' growing in your garden where you never placed them! :) haha

In any case, it's good to know that the Blueberries are working as expected and being listed as Berries and not Blueberry.  ;D

~Miska

RedKetchup

yup they are berries, not blue berries. thats the developper himself who decided it is berries, not blueberries.

so your orchard work very well , there are no bugs.

the tomato is from one of the farmer switching crop/orchard. he was already on the way to pickup tomatoes when the change of job happended. so it registrated at his new job.

If the workers would have changed job for blacksmith ... the tomatoes would be registrated in the statistics of the blacksmith building....
dont worry about that. Those things happend all the time when there is a shift of jobs

How you like my mod ?

LdyMiska

Thank you for the insight on the workings of the mod; it's appreciated. ;)

How do I like your mod?

I think it's Wonderful! :)

Really, the first time I loaded it, the world was so Alive/Full of Life, I was amazed and in awe! All the beautiful plants and animals everywhere . . . so Beautiful! :)

Your work is truly Incredible and I really feel that you made the game the way it was always supposed to be; I could never go back to 'vanilla' Banished after playing RKEC and would never want to.

In fact, All the wonderful MODDERS have made this game so much more and honestly, I don't know how you wonderfully talented and generous people do it, but I'm so thankful that you do. ;)

Thank You so much for all your work it's greatly appreciated! :) And Thank You to All the MODDERS here, still creating and enriching Banished! :)

~Miska

*I've often wondered what would happen IF all you wonderful MODDERS got together and developed your Own Game one day? :)

RedKetchup