News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

You have trouble to install a toolkit ? Here a review !

Started by RedKetchup, August 10, 2016, 02:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hi there. received a PM about some trouble to install the toolkit.

i am gonna review it.

1. First you need to install these 2 library:
Direct x end user : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Visual c++ : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

the links in the readme file are outdated, and replaced with a pub on windows 10

2. verify your game version number and make sure you are up to date 1.0.7 build 170910 by launching the game and check at bottom of the screen.
download the toolkit here: http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/download/BanishedKit_1.0.7.170910.zip

3. Unzip it to c:\BanishedKit
never put spaces, never put accents, never put strange caracters.

4. now go in your game folder and find these 4 files : data0.pkg data1.pkg patch0.pkg patch1.pkg
should be in Banished\WinData or Steam\common\Banished\WinData
select them and do a right click and choose "copy"

5. now go in your banishedKit folder you created before, go in the Bin folder and then in the WinData folder.
do a right click anywhere in this folder and choose "paste"

6. now go back to your BanishedKit folder and launch the .bat there named : BuildResources.bat
if it happends you arent on a window 64 bits, and use only a 32 bits version (x86) you will need to edit that BuildResources.bat and replace all the x64 per x32 and save.

7. and then after it is finished and the black window will disappear (it should take a couple of minutes of full lines scrolling endlessly)
you can test if your toolkit is working properly by building the 4 examples by launching the BuildExamples.bat

Enjoy ! and Happy Moddling !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i edited this old post with the today version we have : 1.0.7 170910

Hawk

I think the link in the first post to the DirectX End-User Runtimes should be updated. That link directs you to an old 2006 version of DX that doesn't support any operating system past XP/2000, according to what it says in the System Requirements.
Is that the right version?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

oh i can maybe update that !

edit : updated thanks @Hawk  !!

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

alli1474

Hey i have installed the modkit and i have no idea how to start, when i launch the application Tools-64x it promptly pops up and disappears after half a second. i need some help starting out

RedKetchup

you dont give a lot of info.

what is the path of your toolkit installation ?
what is your OS ?
did you downloaded and installed as an administrator the 2 pre-required programs linked in the readme ?
do you know how to edit your .bat and add a pause line to it ? and futhermore, how to do screenshots ?