News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial City Center - WIP?

Started by kid1293, September 26, 2020, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Thanks, @taniu, and thanks to you others too :)

There will be more houses. Some small, some stone.
I have made a nice market. Look at the picture.

I know there are many wishes with a mod like this. Special things, theater, markets...
I will work and feel good about it. Some crazy stuff maybe sneaks through but probably
no theater.

Artfactial

Kristahfer

Looking good. On pins and needles waiting for the final.

kid1293

:) I keep working!

@taniu - this one is for you :)

edit - This is now an ordinary house but @taniu, if you want, I can change it to a market or storage.

DesoPL

Well with wild west mod, this fit perfectly for some American alike map theme. :)

taniu

@kid1293 ;D I like everything your head thinks - thank you for putting on my login sign - thanks. I have had an idea for a long time - to connect the inhabitants of Vanilla, Hobbits, Elves and Dwarves on the map. Hobbits have their own characteristic houses, I would put elves in tree houses, but I don't know about Dwarves -to live in put in mushroom-shaped houses-or houses made of swamps - but I don't know if it's a good idea ? and many different mines because Dwarves love gold and gems. I don't know if I can make it - but if another player takes my baton, I'll be very happy. I will use your mods because I have a lot of choice. Greetings

kid1293

Thanks @taniu
To be honest - @Abandoned wants dwarves too. I maybe spend the winter in a mine ;D

Here are some more.
Sundries is a common 5-person house and the small one is a Firewood market. Good to have
in a group of houses. Abandoned's idea. Thank her :) :) :)

Artfactial

I really like the overhanging second stories, very fitting.:)
Could you consider a tavern/meeting hall kind of building?
Something like the first meeting hall of Boston (around turn of the 18th century)

Or the Philadelphia Tun Tavern (around the American Revolution) would fit very well with the theme.

Edit: I hope those images are visible.

kid1293

Hi @Artfactial
I did a small side-step by making a Town Hall but this mod-to-be was meant
to have only residential and markets/storage. I don't know where it ends.

To be clear - No production. No, not even a shady moonshiner in the basement :)

The Meeting Hall in my Colonial Housing mod is made a little after real life. Only one color though.

Artfactial

Oh yes, the functionality of the buildings I am leaving all to you and others would probably be more suited for another set.
Thought the style of these two might inspire you for this set.

The Colonial Housing Meeting Hall is amazing; planning on putting that one at the center of a new town soon.:)

taniu

@kid1293 ;DSorry to disturb the moderators with my idea, I'm an old man and I think a lot about my project, but I have it all in my head, unfortunately this
transfer it on paper / rather put it in the game - I'm afraid that unfortunately I have no experience,
I have no strength
    and I don't want pity, life is cruel, but you young moderators, creators, storytellers have potential and strength, I also wanted to bring something Exiled. I have a dream that at least Abandoned help me choose the right mods, and you @kid helped me complete the missing links for my project. I will try to show what I mean, only one thought is a language barrier bothering me? If you help me with my project, I will be very happy

I have a lot of ideas, but I realize we can't put everything Banished right now - I was hoping there would be 2 Banished. Regards

kid1293

@taniu - I hate to tell you it is the wrong thread for special projects.
What's more - I am really occupied and do not want to divide my attention.
I am sorry. I need time to make things here at home and I want to take a break.

:-\ I didn't take a break when I should but now I have come so far I think it is time.

Do not give up @taniu - There will come a time when we can do other things. :)

kid1293

Time for an update.

I guess I will be working on this for a while. Just need a break.

galensgranny

Thanks for the additional items!

Regarding a tavern, I understand you don't want any production buildings, Kid, but maybe make a building that is a house disguised as a some sort of tavern like building.  Maybe call it a "Juice Bar" or "Fresh Juice", or something like that.  That would be good to go next to the new Sweet Shop, across from your Granny playground.  We need some places for the children.  People could put the mini brewer from your Workplace mod aside it, if so desired, to have an actual production of alcohol.

Using the multi colored tile roof texture from the Granny Park and Neighborhood on these, or future mods, would be very much liked by me.  So would the greenish copper roof texture.  Maybe you would not want to add these textures to this Colonial City Center mod, but hopefully you will keep them in your mind for a possibility for some future mod.

kid1293

Hello and a Good Morning from here.
@galensgranny - That is certainly within the borders of this mod. A 'fake' tavern ;D
I will keep that on top of my list. :)

Regarding multi-colored roof. I don't say no but I can not say whether it comes in this mod or the next.
I like that roof. (I actually found several similar roofs. Could be something...)