News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mods and Coal!

Started by LadyMarmalade, May 29, 2020, 03:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMarmalade

Hi again!

So I decided that, great as they both are, Colonial Charter and Mega Mod are just too big and too complex for my tastes so I'd try to put together my own set of mods to suit my play style.  I've tried to be as conservative as I can so I don't wind up with dozens of mods and realise I'll have to play around with mod order etc to get them to work, most likely.

My first obstacle is that I downloaded a mod that gives a coal shack type thing that 'grows' coal.  The problem is that although the coal appears all over the radius it keeps saying the resource limit has been met even tho (a) it clearly hasnt and (b) I even tried setting it to 99999. So it doesnt produce coal at all. I know I can use a mine..but I just hate them lol.   I know absolutely nothing about modding but I wondered if its somesort of flagging issue? Clearly the game thinks Ive got tons of coal already - even though I have none.

Any ideas anyone?
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Abandoned

Are you talking about Renewable Resources mod from Black Liquid site?  That is not Kid's mod.  The mod has little shacks that plant stone, iron, coal, or dense trees.  I tried it long ago and don't remember a problem with it.

Abandoned

Kid has a Tiny mine you might not dislike too much.  It is not shown in picture but it is tiny.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=336

LadyMarmalade

You're right, Abandoned. I had actually just edited my post to remove Kid's name from it as I realised it wasn't his mod.
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Abandoned

Sorry can't help with problem, must be something else conflicting with it.

brads3

sounds like an issue with the renewable reources mod. that works as a forester but grows coal and iron.might be able to move it above any otherr forester mods.the multi mines produce coal at the same time as stone and iron.no iron ore option.

check the tips pages for my blog on organizing mod orders.let us know if you have any more troubles.

you are right that the MM takes a ton of computer memory. i prefer to set my own orders as it gives more control to how the mods interact.

CookieBarrel

Two quotes from kralyerg regarding RenewableResources.

"Note: There is a known issue that doesn't seem to be able to be resolved.
No matter what I tell it, all of the buildings use the Logs Limit for production.
It seems to be hard coded to the forester production dynamic.
Even when I tell it something different, it still uses Logs."

"Mod Load Order: Anywhere.
This mod shouldn't conflict with anything, so it can go anywhere on the mod list.
Many of the mods I make are made with CC in mind, and use CC resources, but this one is fully standalone."