News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

LOWESVILLE Brad's multi-mod fort city

Started by brads3, April 28, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 36 
we did not get the new field ready by spring. that was not a problem, we had over 10,000 food now.our 3rd plantation house would be built and then we needed a larger school at the fort. when they could find time,the workers kept busy laying a road through the meadow.the storage pile was extended and covered. the thatcher and fodder workers had filled it already.
  the company merchant stopped by with barley seeds with his mixture of goods.he was headed north so again letters were sent.he was amazed at how many bannies we had now.
  to keep our farmers close to their fields,they would build a school in the village duing the winter.they would have a tiny market built in spring.
   with everyone caught up,now would be a good time to build the central industrial market for the production and mining town.then it can be stocked and ready for mines and many buildings to be built.counting up our food workers we should be producing enough food for 95-105 bannies. population 111. our townhall shows we are producing 6000 more than needed.steadily we have over a year in reserve.

brads3

YEAR 37

as soon as the laborers had cleared land for the market,13 nomads were located and guided to the mini townhall.though some joined our crew in the meadow and fort,we would still need to build more houses.we now had young strong workers to begin production and mining opertaions.we will start with 4 snug houses.by winter the houses and market will be finished. we still have a multi-mine and coal silo under construction.
the forest needs another house also.it will be a busy winter even with 4 builders.
  checking inventory for the year,we have plenty.we still have a tad over a years reserve,even with the extra houses and nomads.our bakery is busy still with the flour we stored.venison climbs even with the dryer.even though we switched the greenhouse to blueberry, we have 1300 watermelons.
potato,carrots,leeks,rockmelon,and wheat for the winter. the perfume shop is doing all it can, yet more flowers are harvested than it can use.enough fodder for another stable.soon the meadow will have more greenhouses.the sap boiler has finally boiled all the sap we had stocked. the fort tailor has kept busy with both pelt and fur coats.we have pelt coats and hide coats for trade.we will use our warmer coats.knowing we will soon need better tools for the mine,our mini blacksmith will produce rough tools thru the winter.
   we did have 1 death last year.though it was old age,they were not our oldest worker. we still have 1 at 71.the Indian medicneman has worked to keep evil spirits away. rather you believe such things or not,nobody has been sick.even our livestock has remained healthy.
   once more during the winter,the laborers worked south of the fort to clear land.this kept them evenly spaced from their homes and the farmers their fields.

pic 1: nomads arriving
pic 2: central industrial market,multi-mine is to the left of the tag.in front of the bannie with the blue shirt.paused: coal silo,nordic wharehouse.even though i have produced furnace fuel it totals as construction not fuel.the fuel tag  reads 0.

Nilla

I can see, that you still keep your original tents. Do you check who's living there? As far as I remember, they can only house 3 people. Some time you complained about your settlement growing too slow. If you let young families live in these tents, it will certainly grow slow. But on the other hand; playing real time you must always watch out, that you don't get too many unproductive children, so they might also be useful.

brads3

hi,NILLA.yes i was aware of the tents being limited to 3. so are the rowhouses at the fort. i needed nomads early to expand. the bannies in the fort i wanted to use to build up the fort. the fort needs so much extra items before many buildings can be made, i have kept track of the bannies living in the tents and rowhouses.most of the bannies in the tents now are over 45+. they have been very helpful since they were educated.i have rotated crops several times between the fort and the plantation village. they get 700 out of both fields. it actually is not how i normally play.  the only reason i used the tents was in trying to build each piece of every mod.
    wait til you see the next write up. i had planned to get to year 40 tonight and blog it tomorrow before the NASCAR race. i just had a horrendous year.frantic and insane.LOL

brads3

YEAR 38
  with spring in the air,the farmers returned to their fields. i sent the rest of the workers to supply buildings in the forest.the population was growing there and i knew it would take time for the pines to produce.when the laborers are not busy helping the builders they can clear around the large market. 1 pine cabin house,a pine forester,another material barn,and an extra shed .the foresters were housed and busy.it was still spring as the builders started on a mini clinic at the lighthouse.it would serve the merchants traveling by as well as new nomads.
  before the clinic was done,a large group of nomads headed into town. they had come from the village to the north. they had heard much from the merchants and the letters their relatives had sent up river.we needed another boarding house before we could plan houses.coming from way to the north via the lighthouse,they will be almost starved by the time they can reach us.5 families,7 small children including a newborn,4 young laborers 10-14 years old,and 2others almost adult age.will they make it?
   it was late summer, when a merchant stopped to inform us the nomads were coming. a little late he was. they were just walking through our forests by the pine school.we did take 10 of his cannons.as the nomads stumbled and crawled into the fort,another merchant arrived.he had come up from the south.we traded 1000 wheat for rice and our hidecoats for hardened tools. between the nomads and mines we would use them.with a bottle of perfume as a sample,he headed on his way.
   cazy as it sounds all 23 nomads made it safely to the fort.the barracks would hold all but 3.with 29 laborers we quickly supplied a fishing dock,a greenhouse and well,as well as 1 stone house.we had to decide where to use the rice before it would get ate.it would go next to the new fishing dock.by the time snow fell,everyone at least was inside and warm.the greenhouse was finished also.adding 1 more stone house and a general storage barn to back up the trading post, the lighthouse area was almost full.
  half way thru winter,the laborers had the builders supplied. they started clearing land to extend the plantation village.the new boarding house was now empty.
   with our population now 160,we no longer have a years worth of food in reserve. we will need several farms.
   finally the sun came up and it began to warm up. spring was here. that was a wild year. i was amazed that our cemetary still only had 1 gravestone.the nomads had been very lucky. they had traveled many miles through rough terrain around the far east lake and through our thick forests.all with a newborn baby at that.

pic 1: pine forest. tower,gatherer,pine cabin,and storage.between the mini and maple forests.

pic 2: nomads way to the north. the blue box on the mini map shows where they start their long journey.the yellow shows the long path around the far lake.it was after i accepted them that i found them.i did have to use the debug mod and drop a plank bridge for them to cross 1 small stream.

pic 3:the lighthouse area.new boardinghouse,stone houses,3rd greenhouse and well,mini med tent,and more fishing

pic 4: same area looking from the lake side.rice paddy and a quick thrown together dock.

brads3

do i need a disclaimer" DO NOT TRY THIS"?? to any new player out there,i do not recommend using 2 nomad attracting buildings especially early in games.this play dictated it was neccessary to pick up the pace.it is definetly going much faster.using 2 nomad attracteds brings extra challenges to the game.you will get flooded with groups of bannies with huge numbers.it will make the game frantic. you will need pots of coffee or several 12 packs of beer,a carton of cigs,and your family may have you admitted to the funny farm or crazy house.trust me that 1 year was more horrendous than it looks. and i am far from out of the woods or trouble.
     from experience i can tell you the food count was not built up enough to handle such things.to attempt what i have done,the food count should be double. this started in the spring. had i known at the time the nomads were so far away i would not have accepted them.it took them so long to travel that they were of no use even as laborers for almost half a year.therefore they did not help grow any of their food.
    as i said this is not over.the  food reserve is about to drop like a rock.at the moment most live in the barracks which is 1 house.as houses are built they will start to drain more food. as they move into houses,they will multiply quickly. i am still at 25 laborers which don't produce food.there are only 6 farmers. it is on edge. 1 mistake or the game does anything crazy and it falls apart. the game is known to do that.
     having said all that,i will pat myself on the back a bit. i did make good choices along the way.when i had the wheat ahead i stashed 1400 in the trading posts. that gave me a backup as well as it was swapped for different foods here and there.that backup is now gone. as much as i am not ready to build  a dock town,the rice is going to help save it. all the work on the meadow to extend it so far south has and will pay off.while everyone else has been busy,the thatcher has cleared his area. the fodder has but not as well.that thatch is being used to heat houses on about a 3rd of the map. vendors should be supplying logs to the wood chopper and pulling firewood. some reason that chain is not functioning as it should. with the 2nd fodder producing some and the clearing of the road to it,there is fodder to supply another stable.this will help run greenhouses. those are saving me at the moment. it may not show in the inventory but by producing food year round they are a big advantage. two of them can feed 30 bannies,as much as 6 10x10 fields.i extended the meadow so it could be cleared and producing enough food to handle the production town.that area will need a lot of workers and food.
  though many players will try to build out in a spiral pattern,i jump far to the east and then back to the west. it may look wrong, but there were reasons for it. i have worked to expand each area itself. most of the original bannies are still in the fort. that population does grow slower because many buildings need the production center before they can be built. as the population in each area multiplies,i expand and add houses to it.new bannies have been used as well with the idea that they would help boost the food.by doing this hopefully each area is not growing too fast. i have also tried to keep the laborers mixed around the map.this should help carry different items back to each area.up til now i have cut off construction and clearing part way thru the winter,so farmers would get back to their fields early to avoid losing crops.
     so there has been a method to my madness. hopefully,it will pay off. if i can get to year 40 without a major problem,i can regroup.

brads3

YEAR 39
   the builders are finishing the storage barn. the laborers continue to clear a double sized field for wheat.we need 5 houses. a hunter should be added to the pine forest soon too.
  sadly 1 of the Indian girls died during childbirth.this is not how we want our year to start.a cave in would cost us a miner and a blacksmith was badly burned as well.
    by late spring it was ,the new field would not be ready in time. i alerted the forest crew to add an extra gatherer and hunter.as mercahnt came and went,we were able to trade perfumes for thatch.we sent a laborer to help at the trading post.we did not want to stop our trader from fishing.with the students from the barracks moving the plantation scchool was opened.another field and a z-masher added.with the houses and a chapel the plantation set was completed.
  even though our barracks was still full,we sent help to the far meadow. a stable,greenhouse,and a well would take some of the winter.snow did not start to fall for several weeks. luck was on our side.
  with our education level now below 40%,our production was dropping.we used 700 food from our reserve.some of which did go to stock new houses.with the bannies hoarding water,our greenhouses began to struggle.
  winter was warmer than normal.there had been little snow. by late winter,the builders were stocked and the workers had time to stock their homes and rest for spring.
just before spring,the company merchant stopped. he had many goods. our perfumes had not been restocked so the other trader was sent to help.coming from the fort he quickly grabbed perfumes on his way to the old town trading post.we would have 25 muskets,pea seeds,15 domesticated animals,and 470 cabbages.though it would almost empty our trading post,we took 80 steel tools as well.this will all be helpful.we have gained.
  just as winter ended our builders finished the new stable barn.with some struggles along the way,we have survived to year 40.we have expanded and our population grows. the merchants now have heard of us and ship more and better goods.

pic 1: far meadow area. the thatcher has almost cleared all the trees.

pic2:plymouth mod and plantation mod are completely built.school and chapel in center.TH production numbers.

pic 3:cemetary with 4 gravestones.TH status

pic 4:builders supplied in the far meadow.

brads3

YEAR 40
   population 169,44 houses+2 boarding houses.39% educated.oldest citizen is 74.
mods completed: mini,plymouth house,plantation, and fodder mod.
more seeds than fields. planting:potato,carrot,leek,peas,rockmelon,wheat.
3 greenhouses:corn,squash,and blueberry
rice paddy    sheedp and bison.
3 forests mini,pine,maple    2 fodder fields,1 thatch
2 nomad attracters:mini TH,RED's lighthouse
11 laborers supplying 4 builders. only 9 farmers<13 counting gh's+rice> 4 vendors moving mostly logs and textiles.

needs: 4 houses to empty the barracks.more tools,dairy barn to use the domesticated animals,stone,a food or general market to the west.still need a road from the south meadow directly east.
plan: blacksmith added to the fort.dairybarn at south end of plantation to start the colonial mod,by fall add 2 houses at least.

builders will stay busy as the laborers clear and stock construction spots.by late spring,meadow construction is completed.laborers sent to clear stone.everything is progressing smoothly.
    late spring,Orry rides up with news of 22 nomads.i knew i should have took his horse away.our barracks still has nomads from before.they were very hungry and tired.a storm had destroyed their town far to the east.they had been walking since last fall. Indians had helped them at times. having heard of us,they had kept traveling. it had been a hard journey over the mountains in the winter.luckily the winter had not been as harsh as normal.they did lose several families along the way. 1 had joined the Indians and headed south with the bison and geese.they were allowed to stay.if 2 of them helped our builders, we would build an inn in the forest.they would at least have a roof over their heads,a warm fire,and food this winter.
    by summer,our builders and laborers were busy building the inn. it was far off to the east of the forest.nomads had come that way before,so an inn there would give future nomads or travelers a  place to rest.
    we did trade to get 5 chickens.they could go to the feed lot pasture. there were enough bannies in the boarding house to care for them.

after this point,i kept getting a fatal error. i can't figure out why.happens in summer.i did try to replay the spring. i guess it is time to overhaul my mod file.

brads3

Nilla

It seems like you haven't sorted out your problems yet, since we haven't seen anything from this town lately. A pity. It was a funny town. But I don't think, that it's a good idea, to mix a lot of older and newer mods, made in different versions of the modkit, unless you want a lot of trouble!  ;)

brads3

gm,NILA.  what you mean "funny town"?  i had to stop this town and re-organize my entire mod list. i still am waiting for a couple updates and need to reload a few mods. i tried a few older mods that would have made the forests thicker. that idea did not work. i have run several tests and everything seems to work. i haven't tried a long game to check some of the production chains yet.
     i still have older mods. i kept a copy of the folder i was using. i tried to make the list smaller by not moving several mods that i didn't use often or CC had variations of. i still have almost the same number of mods though.if i moved the NMT and the north pieces i have, my mod count is longer than before.
     upgraded any mod that i believe would be affected by the new limit flags.left houses and most food mods alone so they are still in the same spot on my toolbar. i have 2 compatability mods now. 1 always bothers me because logic says it goes above CC but it must go below it. by the time i was done and got a good clean test,KID had already reloaded several mods. when NECORA gets more of the maritimes upgraded and RED the NMT i will have more to load. some of them i have to load from a different computer.
   i did go back to late winter and loaded RED's trader fix mod. ran the game back to summer and it crashed again. never figured out what caused it.could it have been the 2 different creamery mods?was it the old inn? did they collect something odd all of a sudden? it was strange. someday i will tkae a look at this map code and decide if i want this map or another to do a mulit-mod game again where i build each piece.