https://ancient-cities.com/

Scroll down to "Media"...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

oh wow !

i would love to have some of their textures ^^
i LOVE the thatched texture !!

the trees need works, but the flowers/grass is great !!
i like also alot the "fire" particle engine; alot more realistic than the one Luke did.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Fellow Villager

thanks paeng, looks great!

Settler

I can't wait to play this. It will come out in late 2018 or early 2019.

The developers provide quite regular updates on their Twitter account: https://twitter.com/_AncientCities

galensgranny

It looks like it will be good.  I like how you can see the people up close.

rkelly17

I saw the trailer on this yesterday. Looks very interesting. I'm also looking forward to Foundations.

Willows

After looking at this, it seems to me it will have the same problem for me that the Civilizations games do. I love those, (have Civ 5) but you are kinda forced to evolve after a certain time, no matter what the settings are. I like Banished because you can control how fast your village moves forward, stay in primitive times if you want or not.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

rkelly17

Quote from: Willows on June 05, 2018, 11:47:19 AM
After looking at this, it seems to me it will have the same problem for me that the Civilizations games do. I love those, (have Civ 5) but you are kinda forced to evolve after a certain time, no matter what the settings are. I like Banished because you can control how fast your village moves forward, stay in primitive times if you want or not.

Yes, one of the nice things about Banished is that you stay in the same time frame as the beginning of the game--which is also one of the weird things about it. 70 game years later generations have come and gone and nothing has changed.

Willows

But at least you do have that option if you want.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

brads3

bannished already spans from BC to the 1800's and start of the industrial era. from almost cave men and spears to muskets and cannons.using horse and buggies has been tested somewhat. RED advanced bannished into the last millenium with steam engines even.agriculture has advanced to greenhouses and irrigation.mods over time have led to mechanic buidings to process food,steel,oils.

the world is not as ancient as it started out.i think most players are happy with it not advancing farther.some don't even want it advanced this far. that is the good thing with the game. you get to choose the era and how the world is.it is quite possable to grow over time into a major city with books,colleges,cathedrals,and monuments.there is even a courthouse and postoffice.

the governors,or players,are ancient moreso than the game. i laughed when RED pushed its timeframe.i shook my head and bit my tongue. nobody ever said a word about how far into the future he took the game. RED did back away from it. in the time since i am surprised a player or 2 didn't file requests to push it farther. i will slap my fingers for now and not say much. if you look there are hints of advanced power of the 20th century.the bannies have the knowledge to do more than most realize.

rkelly17

Once upon a time I took one of my Banished settlements and did a copy of the map in Sim City 4 so I could do a modern version. It was quite fun. As I remember the big challenge was finding a mod in Sim City 4 that looks like the original supply cart that you get on a hard start in Banished. I wanted to build a memorial park in the modern city dedicated to the spirit and hardships of the original settlers. If I were going to do that now I would use Cities Skylines.

BlueFireChelle

oh, wow! I love this style of game. I wish I had of caught it while it was being crowdfunded. I'll be eagerly following them on facebook. Thanks for the headsup.

RedKetchup

in banished you can do as you want ^^ even make a Mars misson lol
with a bit of RP ... and new models, it can be Mars in the future 2050 ^^

Settler

One thing that concerns me a little is that they plan to offer modding support but not right away. Obviously they have to focus on making the base game as good as they can, but mods are vital to the longevity of games like this. I mean, Banished is an awesome game, but how many of us would still play it, and play it as often, without the fantastic efforts of all the people who make/have made mods for it?

So I hope the Ancient City's team include proper support for modders.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Settler on June 15, 2018, 06:48:44 AM
One thing that concerns me a little is that they plan to offer modding support but not right away. Obviously they have to focus on making the base game as good as they can, but mods are vital to the longevity of games like this. I mean, Banished is an awesome game, but how many of us would still play it, and play it as often, without the fantastic efforts of all the people who make/have made mods for it?

So I hope the Ancient City's team include proper support for modders.

another question: how many banished modders will become ancient city modders ? ^^