News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Just an earwig for those with young daughters....

Started by Willows, May 27, 2018, 10:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willows

Hello. I'm fairly new here, but wanted to share something of myself that may help any young daughters you all may have.

I am a short woman. 5 foot 2 (yes, my eyes are blue!).  I started developing when I was 9, in 3rd grade. Immediately, my parents started putting me on diets. I was getting fat, you see.

But I wasn't. I developed bosoms, my hips spread out, my shoulders broadened and my thighs rounded. But I had a baby face still (I was only 9.) Other girls my age were like Olive Oil. I was turning into Marilyn Monroe. Compared to them, I did look fat, even though my tummy remained flat and my waist dipped in. For years, and into my teens, every bite I ate was watched, I was put in programs like weight watchers, and I was made fun of...not just by school kids, but my own brothers too. And all that time, I continued to develop, yet my tummy always remained flat. Then, when I was 16, I decided to do something once and for all. I began starving myself, drinking tons of milk whenever I got hungry to coat my stomach and make me feel full, eating the odd fruit or raw veggie when I got hungry. After several month of this, feeling lightheaded and fuzzy all the time, I finally got my body down to 125lbs. I was at my 5ft 2. I still had a large bust, wide hips, and round thighs but my hip bones protruded and the bones on my chest stuck out. You could count my ribs.

I went to my mom, and showed off my "new, perfect" body. She looked at me, and said "You could still lose a bit more". I was devastated. I gave up. I knew I could not get any skinnier. I started eating normally, and my weight went up. I graduated high school at 150lbs. I thought I was a total whale.  My thyroid failed at around 19, and my weight really skyrocketed. But you see, I had given up. I would never be thin. And that mind set has stayed with me all my life. I have never been able to see myself as healthy....which I was, for my build and ancestry. My parents weren't being mean. They just had a mindset for their generation.

I tell you this because I don't want your daughters to go through the same thing. When they start developing, tell them how nice they look, how pretty they are. Don't talk about fat or weight issues. Let them be, let them just grow up. Don't watch what they eat, just stock healthy but tasty things, and let them just eat normally. Don't make a big deal out of it. They will be happier without all that pressure at home that they are most certainly getting at school, and they will have a better view of themselves. They are not getting "fat". They are adding normal needed fat deposits that will make them healthy, attractive young women.

I look back now on pictures taken during that time, tweens to teens, and cannot believe how they could think I was fat. I was built nicely and very pretty. And at grad time, at 150, I looked healthy and glowing, and physically adult. So, just let them be and love them. Make them understand its normal, they are growing, and things are changing but for the better.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

kid1293

@Willows
It is what has happened that make us into what we are.
If we can accept ourselves as we are, the past is not wasted :)

Willows

Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.