News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Where you live ?

Started by RedKetchup, June 29, 2014, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canis39

I too live close to Washington DC, although I live west, rather than south.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Reston,+VA/@38.8922796,-77.249927,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b64047261665e5:0x63dfafe8a871ae9f

RedKetchup, I am curious - how often do you visit Montreal?  I'd like to think if I lived that close to a great city, I would visit often...but I live about 30 minutes from Washington DC, which is a wonderful city, yet I probably only visit 3 or 4 times per year.

RedKetchup

oh i didnt gone to montreal since .... 20 years lol. last time i gone there it was for officially sign my apt rent. yeah i m liiving in this house since 20 years lol.

how far i am ? 45mins in car, maybe 50 top
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: canis39 on July 07, 2014, 06:37:15 PM
I too live close to Washington DC, although I live west, rather than south.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Reston,+VA/@38.8922796,-77.249927,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b64047261665e5:0x63dfafe8a871ae9f

RedKetchup, I am curious - how often do you visit Montreal?  I'd like to think if I lived that close to a great city, I would visit often...but I live about 30 minutes from Washington DC, which is a wonderful city, yet I probably only visit 3 or 4 times per year.
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 07, 2014, 06:50:42 PM
oh i didnt gone to montreal since .... 20 years lol. last time i gone there it was for officially sign my apt rent. yeah i m liiving in this house since 20 years lol.

how far i am ? 45mins in car, maybe 50 top

Isn't that the way it is? We do go to Toronto a bit more often than @RedKetchup goes to Montreal, but that's because we have a daughter living there. When we do go I try to take the commuter train. Funny, after spending the first half of my life living in LA I now hate driving on freeways and in cities. I'm starting to get a bit irritated because Kitchener-Waterloo has developed a rush hour. OK, maybe a rush half-hour. It can take all of 20 minutes to get across town!

Zephormite

Wow a lot of North America here.
I am from little old New Zealand, down at the bottom of the world. Live in the capital city of Wellington.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zephormite

Thanks guys,
Really enjoying the game, and glad to see a nice active community around it as well. Looking forward to posting regularly and building up some interesting villages.

My first major attempt has suffered from occasional "speed bumps" as I raced too quickly to expand pop 140-250 starvation back to 100, got to 300 with no issues, then hit 400 and starvation again, recently made it to 600, but currently back to about 480 and attempting a management plan. probably not helped by a pure lack of planning when laying out the village.

A Nonny Moose

I live in a little village north of London, Ontario named Hensall.  Its claim to fame is that it is the white bean capital of Ontario.  It is rather heavily populated like retirees like myself who have shunned the big city. :)
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on July 19, 2014, 02:53:11 PM
I live in a little village north of London, Ontario named Hensall.  Its claim to fame is that it is the white bean capital of Ontario.  It is rather heavily populated like retirees like myself who have shunned the big city. :)

Seriously, [member]A Nonny Moose[/member]? I live in Waterloo and drive through Hensall occasionally on my way to various engagements. Next time I'll keep my eye out for a wandering moose.

slink

Ah, but you won't recognize him.  He's A Nonny Moose.   ;D

A Nonny Moose

Very true.  Meeses are shy anyway.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

salamander

I'm confused (no surprise).  I haven't any trouble recognizing moose before, so does 'nonny' mean something unusual?

slink

Quote from: salamander on July 31, 2014, 02:09:10 PM
I'm confused (no surprise).  I haven't any trouble recognizing moose before, so does 'nonny' mean something unusual?

A Nonny Moose == anonymous

salamander

Dohh!  :o

The chair of my department at work is Canadian, so when I see something I don't 'get' I assume it might be a national/cultural difference.  Sort of embarrassing to see I just missed a pun.  ;D  Thanks.

slink