News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Production (v1.1.1 - updated 25 Jul 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, April 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

Updated to v1.0.1    (11 Jan 2018)

- fixed issue causing a crash with vanilla Trading Post.
      - fixed issue of the Village Windmill not accepting Hemp.
      - added Remove buttons to the single gathering, fishing and hunting spots.
      - updates to DStoolbar.

twilightbreeze

One question: is Hemp a vegetable or protein?

I like the addition of hemp because industrial hemp has almost no THC, it would be pointless to smoke it, but is so useful and can be made into many products, which I use some of in RL. Just an old hippy lady here, lol.

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

Hemp was one of the main cash crops grown in the US in the early years, during the time around the founding of the democracy.
Hemp rope is one of, if not the best rope you can get. As is hemp clothe for making clothes.
There's a lot of other uses for hemp too, aside from smoking.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

twilightbreeze

I use hemp shampoo, and a hemp body lotion....haven't found better! And I've seen many products made from hemp. It's a shame that thanks to pot, this very productive and easy crop is no longer popular.

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2018, 11:45:01 AM
but soon it will fully legalized in here.

They're slowly going state by state here and legalizing it, but I've not heard anything about the non-THC variety. Just the smoking kind.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

The non-THC hemp was huge until the cotton industry decided they didn't like the competition and had it banned on the pretense that all hemp is a drug, when this is most definitely not true. Hemp requires much less water than cotton, so it's actually far better as a crop in many places where water is not so abundant.

twilightbreeze

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2018, 11:45:01 AM
but soon it will fully legalized in here.

i mean, that will be the government who will sell it through their "government controlled" stores :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

...as long as it can be taxed and controlled. Which open up the can of worms like elemental hinted at.

The hemp industry is a direct threat to the established industries of Medical, Forestry(paper & more), Plastics, Fuels, Paints, Clothing, etc, etc...

To answer your question @twilightbreeze , Hemp is grown and stored as a Textile. It can be used in the weaving guild to create canvas and clothing. Or it can be processed in the Windmill to become edible Flour, or used to make Gruel in the Gruel kitchen.
It will also be used to produce a seed oil in the near future.

twilightbreeze

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

twilightbreeze

Never made it to Frisco....although I did spend part of my college years in a small local commune.  :P

Discrepancy

updated to: v1.1

An update in quality, not so much in additions. The only real new 'building' is the fenced pasture. Most of the other changes and alterations are improvements and fixes to the previous versions. Cotton and Cloth has been removed from the mod, the Flax crop has been added, Blacksmiths/Workshops can now also make Copper Tools, Tools:Stonemason, Wagon Parts.

Change Log:
v1.1      - major update   -- 20190723  |  .zip = 37.6mb (35,598kb)   .pkm = 63.3mb (64,882kb)
        - restructure & partial re-write of mod, not save-game compatible with earlier versions.
        - adjusted toolbar locations and icons.
        - improvements to building UI panels.
        - various resource model improvements & updates.
        - texture improvements.
        - removed cotton and cloth from the mod.
        - added missing footprints.
        - changes to most production recipes and work required and times variables.
        - Acorns are now flagged as 'Aged/Stored/Warehoused goods' (custom9).
        - added Copper (trade) and Copper Tools.
        - added Tools:Stonemason, Wagon Parts.
        - added new radius decals.
        - added Village Pasture, log fenced.
        - made alterations to the following standard (vanilla) game template files in line with DS Industry Mining:
                 Quarry, consumeproduce and storage updated to reflect usage of new stonemason tools,
                 CutterYard, worker count increased to 2 workers but a slower speed penalty.
                 Tunnel, changed in build cost with the addition of 1 Candle per tile.
                 Tailor, consumeproduce increasing wool coat production cost.
                 Deer, Cows and Sheep now drop Tallow.
                 Firewood createcount changed