News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Lehighwood

Started by brads3, October 05, 2018, 04:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population 552,291 workers,105 students,and 156 children.69% educated in 132 houses.we break even on firewood and have dropped on food production.with the alcohol production,our fruit is being steadily used. we do maintain a decent balance of all 4 food groups. we do have excess fertilizer and flowers.we do have room for more of KID's greenhouses.44 nomads joined us through the last 10 years.

we have a functioning train operating. it is backed by a larger trade post.4 engines bring food and firewood.5 stations export a variety of goods.we added 3 mines to supply coal and iron. we added a double beach front on the lake and many taverns and a monestary.we produce over 850 units of alcohol per year in 12 different flavors.the village has grown . we have started to access more land to the west.

to finish off the alcohol producerswe need a malt house,taverrn,and a corner tavern.if i had a CC mod,there would be some more. we also need to finish extending  the train.that is on hold while we consider adding more stations.while we wait for bricks to be made,food production will be increased.

pic 1: year 60 stats,outputs of the CC apple orchard forest
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory,mini forest gatherer ouput
pic 4: mineral and population graph

donwolfkonecny

What do you mean a train? I don't see a train?

brads3

where have you been? LOL the railroad mod by RED has export train stations that sell goods for coins. those coins are used by the train engines to bring different goods. i've used some to bring food and others for firewood.plus there are tracks and tunnels.so no it isn't a moving train as banished doesn't have a way to do that. but the mod is a good way to RP and the concept is a different way for various maps to interact and another way to trade.there is a caboose that acts as ahouse,and several different boxcars that act as storage for food,ales,or materials.
       this train is moving or selling a lot of coal and ales.some of the alcohol products aren't included to sell from the export stations.many were modded into the game after the train mod.so the trading posts do have to work to trade ciders,maple whiskey,and root beer. there are also DS's mines parts that expanded on the railroad idea. it is a neat toy to play with.GATHER warned me the train mod can bring in too many coins so i have worked to try and find a good flow in and out.i think it is well balanced.
     it is a nice concept to trade without waiting for merchant boats. i do like how DS expanded on it with his mines. wish more modders would use the trading concept to expand also.

there are some pics of the export stations and what is sold. others of the train engines and food or firewood inputs.i still need to extend the tracks to the other side and off this map.   the pics on the train start about year 50 on.will be more as i keep adding to it.

brads3

YEAR 60

11 new arrivals in late spring will stay to help. 5 KID 6X4 greenhouses are added.a hothouse will also add to our food production.a fishing pier near the miner village is built.         
     there is enough bricks to finish a RK tavern and malt house. they work to make strong beer since we have taken some hops in from trading.  finally all the alcohol processors are finished the corner tavern maes ale from blueberries.the RK taverns do have an option to make watermelon or strawberry wine.

3 families remain in the boardinghouses thru the winter.they will work to expand to the west next year.

pic 1: expanding KID's greenhouses
pic 2: hothouse
pic 3: mine village fish pier
pic 4: RK tavern and malt house
pic 5: RK corner tavern

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

I searched this site for "Train" and it doesn't exist.
Also, it's not in RKEC.

brads3

railroad or train mod is under choochoo:    http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1463.0

what rework to the alcohol,RED? the use of malt? i have less need for hops now,but it functions ok. the train station does accept the beer still.any plans to update the train mod for 1.07? i do hope other modders pick up the trade concept of itthat is a neat and helpful way of doing trading.

Gatherer

Just now reading this topic and you are right @brads3 , choo-choo mod is a fine way to trade goods without having to wait for merchants. I'm glad you are liking it as much as I do.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

i know ChooChoo needs to be updated / maybe possible include inside RKEC.

Gatherer

Personaly I vote it to stay outside of RK EC. Better to have it as an add-on mod.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on November 17, 2018, 07:35:06 AM
Personaly I vote it to stay outside of RK EC. Better to have it as an add-on mod.

but in counterpart, there is the fact so the ChooChoo being able to sell/buy all the new resources from RKEC, it needs to get all the resources files. So, if you use ChooChoo and dont use RKEC, you will get a big amount of new resources which you wont know how to use them, or how you will produce them.

examples: M.Oysters, Bananas, copper, Silver rings, golden circlets, malt, beer, etc......

brads3

good morning.GATHERER i am surprised i do like it as much.when RED 1st made iti actually laughed.not at RED but at what other players might do with the idea.it takes banished far into the industrial era.so much could have spiralled out from it. i thought he might have started a stampede in here.most i think like banished as an older or more ancient era. the trade concept that allows us to interact with other maps is a good idea.i can see boats doing that also.a new indian trading post would be helpful too.

i agree with it separate.not everyone uses all parts in a mod.sometimes saving memory for other mods is needed.being able to pick and choose is 1 thing that makes banished unique. not long ago someone mentioned a way to use resource files between mods.i like using the train to move coal,iron,salt,and other basic items.it does a decent job of bringing in  food,firewoodand soe tools.couldn't a new station or 2 be added that would move the new RK items or goods?without needing a ton of files? much of the alcohol that i am shipping thru the TP is extra modded stuff. KID's rootbeers,cider,corn whiskey, and NECORA's maple whiskey. if we set a station to crafted flag items, will it ship all items flagged crafted? or do you need to list each item individually? or a mineral station that would move copper ore as well as iron and coal. of course this might have issues in pricing. maybe different engines or a box car to sell so the menu isn't as long.

brads3

YEAR 61

now that all the alcohol producers are finally built,i will let them run a full year and see how the outputs are. i think 1 more export station will help the train produce better.it can move coal or iron.then we can extend the train to the west.it has taken longer than i expected, but i am nearing the end of this map. housing needs about 15 more to have 150 houses.for that many, another school will be needed.basically looking at needing an entire village.

since the north forests don't have a school,we add 1 for them and the greenhouse workers.a 6th RK greenhouse will be built.fertilizer is alost 8000.the wells have an extra 180 of water.the pastures produce 550 fertilizer.it is almost like something else is producing fertilizer since we were starting to use it up before the holding pen produced some a few years after the pigs were moved.that pen now produces nothing.

the bannies head off to a mountain canyon  with their wagons to clear land.6 crop fields and 2 barns are started.

the alcohol outputs are decent. our firewood is caught up.the brick and glass was stopped. i made several adjustments. the herbs exporter  brought a lot of coins but i will switch it to beer.the corner tavern can produce it from malt.the main RK tavern will make strong beer and use the hops. a hops and wheat field near the stations will supply the beer production.the ale exporter is busy and getting the most coins.1 engine switches from firewood to buying peppers. the rail yard mines add more workers to haul more coal and iron ore.the iron and firewood limits are finally raised.

pic 1: 6th RK greenhouse
pic 2: canyon clearing
pic 3: railroad  inputs   
pic 4 and 5: tavern production outputs

brads3

YEAR 62

fertilizer is at 8000.i am dumbfounded as to why. thr pigs and beef pastures produce 550 and there are 6 greenhouses using it.i have searched the map for something producing fertilizer that isn't suppose to...really starting to wonder if the chickens and milk cows are producing some and it is not showing in their inventory outputs.the holding pen is not giving milk extra like it did  give fertilizer when it was left set to pigs.i don't think it is just the 2 animals giving too much. i built greenhouses and at 1 point was almost using as much.it is a strange gremlin i continue to chase.looking at the materials production stats for the year,it appears the greenhouses are using only 75% of what the pastures are putting out. RED's asjustments might be enough to solve it then.

we will build houses this year.we need at least 14.1 is added to the northwest orchard foreststhey need more workers to clear rocks and plant trees and grape vines. the west canyon will get several granny houses for the farmers.the canyon farmers have a workplace blacksmith to repair their own tools.they also added an animal pen to give them some meat.the train rowhouse can be extended.it will get a pine tavern as well.it doesn't produce but will be an extra storage for the alcohol.the main town has a workplace preservist and butcher.

pic 1: northwest orchard growth
pic 2: granny houses in the canyon
pic 3: pine tavern does not produce
pic 4: tavern tables
pic 5: town preservist and butcher

brads3

YEAR 63

1ST step is to adjust trading storage. there is just over 500 coins so no need to do much with the train.it has a good flow in and out. merchant boats bring tools and foods.i have tried to limit our intake to foods we produce and not take in the exotics.we do have more furs stored so the textile exporter can be switched from leather coats.more cider,wine, and copper ore can be shipped.we do have some strong beer to add to the main TP.we double the charcoal being traded as well.

since we have so many travelers pass  through town, 1 couple started making wagons.settlers can use them to transport goods and to travel out to new lands. of course to pull them,we had to add a small stables for some oxen,donkeys,and horses.another Kid sawmill and log depot are added to the west.

more miners are sent to dig coal and iron ore.a 2nd material export station will allow us to send more coal to the railroad.we did get the houses built.we have 150 plus 2 boardinghouses.now we have more workers than jobs.

pic 1:wagon maker
pic 2: west sawmill and log depot
pic 3: 2nd material exporter to send more coal