News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-challenge #4: Waterfront Property

Started by solarscreen, August 08, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

I vote for Bobbi's entry as Best Looking. 
I vote for Nilla's entry as Best In Show.

rkelly17

I was so busy working on an entry for the "You Look Marvelous" challenge that I never quite got the hang of the waterfront town.

Here are my votes:

I think @Bracken showed some good potential. Too bad we couldn't see more as it developed further.

@Bobbi and @Nilla both blew me away with what they accomplished. 12-1500 people on the water is amazing. Both mini-maps have a very pleasing look to them, too. Both deserve an award and since I'm not that sure how to distinguish "best looking" from "best in show," I'll go with @slink: Bobbi for best looking and Nilla for best in show.

solarscreen

Best Looking and Best In Show can be confusing.

Best Looking means aside from any other considerations, limitations, or faults this entry to me is the best looking.  It allows you to pick a design implementation though maybe not according to the rules or the goal pleases you very much.

Best In Show is that entry that does the best job of complying with the parameters of the challenge and yet finds a way to have all the characteristics we expect to find in a textbook example of superb Banished play.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

It was a hard call for me, because I felt that Nilla's entry complied better with the rules, but Bobbi's entry appeared to be a more solid build by my own standards, as well as having more advanced features such as stone roads.  I, myself, seldom use stone roads because I am too busy using the stone for everything else, but they do look sharp.

Nilla

I have looked at your other challenges and it seems to be some "rule" that if you have participated in the challenge you have to vote for other competitors. Maybe it is the American/Canadian way to be polite, but it is strange to me. I am a very honest person and also dare to tell my opinion.

I think Brackens entry looks good, but isn´t finished, so it cannot compete with Bobbi and me.

No doubt Bobbies settlement looks much nicer, there are orchards, some forest left, ston eroads, even at least one church; more variation. No doubt; best looking.

Best in show, too hard to say; I think it is a draw; As I said Bobbies entry looks nicer, has more variation, mine has more people and follows a clear concept, is efficient but it looks more dull and sterile. 

RedKetchup

The categories:
Most People : Nilla
Most Map : Nilla
Best looking : Bobbi
Best in Show : Nilla
...and
Rookie Champion!  Come on noobs and lurkers! Time to play!  : Braken
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

The champions list is out for this competition.

@Nilla - Most People, Most Map, Best In Show
@Bobbi - Best Looking

@Bracken - Rookie

Congrats to @Nilla for really jumping in and making a great show in several categories of this competition and on the forum!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on September 13, 2014, 02:42:54 PM
I have looked at your other challenges and it seems to be some "rule" that if you have participated in the challenge you have to vote for other competitors. Maybe it is the American/Canadian way to be polite, but it is strange to me. I am a very honest person and also dare to tell my opinion.

Keep it up! Some of us were raised to be "self-effacing" and learned it very well.

solarscreen

Quote from: Nilla on September 13, 2014, 02:42:54 PM

Especially when there are only 2 or 3 entries and only a few voters, it just helps total the votes if you don't vote for your own entry. I don't think anyone is going to mind if you point out why you think you did the best job or what you didn't do as well as you would like.  If we could get more members to at least vote, we wouldn't have any problems with that anyway!

I think we all welcome any constructive, critical, educational comments and observations you can make!