Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

brads3

YEAR 101
    the bannies continue to clear and plant fields and orchards.they also clear the land around the plymouth villages and some of the trading posts.a few trees are planted and clear roads are being used to widen the roads.

pic 1:lighthouse trade district
pic 2:plymouth village looking south
pic 3:farther south
pic 4:looking north

brads3

YEAR 102

the laborers head out to clear plymouth village 2.builders are already busy. they construct the edibles market and a throwback oil press.then we begin to work on housing,a school,and firewood supplies.

TOUR PICS
pic 1: plymouth village 2 east bridge
pic 2: west bridge
pic 3:looking south
pic 4: look north
pic 5: pastures
pic 6:overview

brads3

YEAR 103

as the laborers clear land and lay clear roads for the tour pics,the builders continie adding houses,storage,and shops in the south CC town.in winter the laborers run south to clear areas and supply new construction.

pic 1: colonial trade district east
pic 2: colonial trade west
pic 3,4,5: colonial village looking south
pic 6,7,8:business district
pic 9,10,11: looking north from the center crop fields

Abandoned

Hi @brads3 the map is coming along very nicely.  I like all those crop fields with the buildings in between.  :)

brads3

YEAR 104

with the builders supplied through the winter,they can work on the central market,shops ,and continue expanding roads.the laborers head out to clear land in the renewable resource center.
      i should explain how tedious this clearing project is. in vanilla you can lay roads ,and i guess the bannies will remove trees and stones before they lay down the new road.with all the mods i have,that does not work. i have to clear an area,then let the bannies work it for a while.say a long stretch of road or a town. then i must go back over it and lay the road down right then. this way what is marked for removal stops new road being layed down with a tree growing on the space.otherwise,i lay roads and there will be rocks or trees,etc left in the way. it is tedious.usually i do try to lay raods 3 wide,1 of the dirt or stone,and then use a grass or the clear for the 2 sides.
the exception being i leave a 1 space area all around fields.this saves them being blocked and gives the bannies room to place harvested goods.
       with this map,i didn't make yards around all the buildings when each town was built. with the nat div mod the regrowth is different.some areas grow thatch instead of trees.plus it is handy to have the supplies of logs and firewood.i have used 3 wide roads for the most part. places like sherbrooke,where there is soo many houses built at once,or the production area,that is cleared and then buildings are added over time,there may be narrower roads.plus it gives me time to do the tour pics at the same time. it is easier to see things after i clear the trees.
        as fgall approaches,once again the workers go supply the builders and clear land for the CC town.

tour pics
pics 1,2,3: central crop area going east to west
pics 4,5: colonial west pastures
pics 6,78: renewable resource center to the far west.

brads3

YEAR 105 REVIEW

population 1754;1160 adults,200 students,394 children in 433 houses with 94 % educated.as always,well stocked and growing.

the workers have taken to the new routine nicely.they clear land near towns for tour pics in spring and summer. in fall and winter,they drop back to restock materials for the builders.many CC buildings have been completed.
a town bakery,preservist,a city blacksmith,water tower,several markets and carts,and many houses.
       more is planned and already supplied to keep builders busy.there is room to the south to expand and grow.a penninsula to the northwest of the trade district has been held.originally it was planned for the zoo,but an indian village might fit better. there is a larger area northwest of sherbrooke that might work better for the zoo.
    the tour from the start point west is completed.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: 5yr production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4,5,6:central park and service area going north to south

Abandoned

Those flower beds by the gazebo add a nice decorative touch to an already nice looking town.  A very nice place to visit.  :)

brads3

brads3

YEAR 105

I keep the workers busy with construction in the CC town.next year,i will continue the tour pics to the east. we complete the courthouse,city hospital, tailor company,more houses,and several butchers with a meat locker.with so much being built,we run low on building supplies.there is plenty of lumber and bricks so the labor time to make them has slowed the production.i assign another worker to the building supplier. while they stock back up,i will go elsewhere.

pic 1,2,3: CC town looking east to west

brads3

YEAR 106

since work has stalled at the CC town,i start to plan a small indian village on the penninsula north west of the colonial villages.this will keep the builders occupied.the workers can start heading east from the start point and fort to clear land.

tour pics:
pic 1-11: east forests clockwise,hard to see since the forests are thick.

pics 12-18:  east of start point north to south,then farther east n-s.

brads3

YEAR 107

WOW,there is a lot of pieces.workers are busy placing decorative piles all over the  production area while a crew of builders builds storage carts and smoothes out some roads.since there are 4 "piles" of each item this takes a while.the other builders are busy between the indian village,CC town,and digging deeper mines.

tour pics

pics 1 and 2:main production area north to south
pic 3: winter overview
pic 1-5: mine mountain counter clockwise

brads3

YEAR 108

we trade for building supplies to help build CC buildings.we add garden decoration pieces to the indian village.the laborers as always clear regrowth and lay roads around buildings.

tour pics:

pic 1: production market and office
pic 2: production town east
pic 3-7: meadows counter clockwise east of fort.

RedKetchup

those fodder fields are always so surprisingly beautiful !!!!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant