News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Do old mods still work?

Started by Pangaea, August 31, 2016, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Hi guys. Good to see some activity in here still.

I'm using Linux and recently tried the game again, and it appears to be more stable now (knock on wood) than last time I tried it, when it crashed pretty darn frequently. Do some of the older mods work on the 1.0.6 version, like the grain silo, root cellar and such, or would they need to be re-compiled? Same for some minor mods I made myself, like muting that annoying wind sound, and longer lasting orchards. Think the game version back then may have been 1.0.4.

I always preferred 'minor' mods like the above over wholesale changes, but if I get hooked on the game again, maybe I'll look into some of the big mods that have probably come out in the last 1-2 years.

Also, are some of the old regulars still about?

brads3

there seems b a few ppl here still adding to this game.many mods wkly actually. as to if old mods work,i think it depends on several factors. some might clash n show red but still work.i have added many since i found banished.after a while i sometimes find better mods n upgrade as i go. 1 thing i notice is the mod order plays the bigggest part. from what i hear the 1st mod on the order loads 1st.and the second will add to it but not override what parts of the mod are similar. that can affect the color,can lose functions, sometimes not show up,and yes crash game. its sometimes a trial n error play til u find a order that works. i recommend keeping a hand written list of the order to fine tune it. u could also i suppose try 1 mod at a time. but even then u have to move them in the order. i use CC16 n NMT with various other mods. if i move em then i lose icons mainly in the trader but also some materials required to build CC buidings. did u get the banished updated version??? without it the new mods wont work. if u open the mod from the mod list in game to see the conflicts, it will read funny.

Pangaea

Sounds like those old mods may work then, which is good to hear. Don't recall how to make them, and it probably wouldn't work on Linux anyway. But right now I'm actually playing a game without any mods. Still kind of fun, and that should mean those blasted achievements will work too. At least they are sensible in this game, which is quite an achievement in itself.