News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Technical questions

Started by assobanana76, May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I open this topic (I don't know if there is a similar one) to put in lots of little questions I get every now and then while playing ..

e.g. if a citizen can choose from specialized fuel stock pile and the market which will take the firewood?

e.g. who fills the elfecutioner cart ??

and many more in the coming days!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

Choice of material sources appears to be a proximity thing.  Direct control over bannies doesn't seem to be in the game.

A what cart?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM
if a citizen can choose from specialized fuel stock pile and the market which will take the firewood?
like a nonny moose said : proximity, but i noticed they have a slight preference for markets.

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AMwho fills the elfecutioner cart ?
everyone, since it's just small storage space / mini barn

if you want a dedicated worker to fill carts, try Neckcens Markarts v2.
Buildable storage carts, with workers (vendors)  filling the specialized carts (food, supplies, wood, blacksmith cart, tailor cart)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on May 14, 2015, 05:35:30 AM
Direct control over bannies doesn't seem to be in the game.

Indeed! The little [expletive deleted]s do whatever you least want them to do.   >:( :'(

MightyCucumber

Never heard of these Neckcens Markarts before... ???

Do they have a different model from the rest of the carts or the difference is just functional?

assobanana76

so .. if I put near the woodcutter only stockpile of wood and close to every house a fuel stockpile, the woodcutters settle the firewood directly under the house of the citizens and we are sure that they will prefer to take it there rather than to the market?

about the cart right now in my city does not have people who can fill the cart of Markart .. I was hoping that the cart of Elf was filled by vendors of the market...
the strange thing is that it remains empty even though I see people who commute from the cart to their home ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

another tehnical question..
if I cut all the plants in a 12x12 square and nearby, in the years following wild plants grow back into it?
I have hope that grow back between the two roads?

I originally thought of putting decorative wild eternal trees then I thought it would be nice to let grow spontaneously small strips of wood ..

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 18, 2015, 12:33:46 AM
so .. if I put near the woodcutter only stockpile of wood and close to every house a fuel stockpile, the woodcutters settle the firewood directly under the house of the citizens and we are sure that they will prefer to take it there rather than to the market?
Yes the woodcutter would get his wood from the stockpile near him, chops firewood, then bring it to the closest stockpile that accepts firewood. So if that one is near / underneath the houses and closest by, the woodcutter would bring it there.

But why would you do that? a woodcutter works most optimal if :
- his/her house is close by (short walks)
- wood is nearby (short walks)
- firewood can be dropped close by (short walks)
- Tools are nearby in a barn (short walks)

The more a woodcutter has to walk, the lower the output will be

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 18, 2015, 12:33:46 AM
about the cart right now in my city does not have people who can fill the cart of Markart .. I was hoping that the cart of Elf was filled by vendors of the market... the strange thing is that it remains empty even though I see people who commute from the cart to their home ..

barns are filled by all who have no job to fulfill, that means laborers and people without a current task (farmers in winter, etc)
vendors are always working, filling up their markets.

elfecutioner carts are mini barns and work exactly like a barn.
markarts are mini markets, filled by vendors, assigned to that cart / market

Nilla

A few plants will return, but very slowly. If you want it to happen quicker, I can tell you trick; build a forester temporarily in the area you want your plants and let him plant his trees (only planting). With the trees also the other plants will arrive. When everything you want green is green, you can demolish the forester again.

chillzz

yep, i agree with @Nilla . it is possible, but very slow. Good trick indeed with the forester :)

assobanana76

ok .. that the fuel stockpile near the houses was only an aesthetic idea .. I was not thinking about the proper production of firewood .. (maybe because now I have an over-production of it .. probably because I have counted 70 a year but the vanilla wooden houses use less  ..)

it seemed a nice idea the stack of firewood next to the house ..
However I decided to overcome it using the small woodcutter of Kralyerg (2x2 with a limited production) is probably even more aesthetically pleasing because it will seem that every citizen of cuts his firewood next to the house piling nearby.

@Nilla the idea of the forester is brilliant !!
to cover all that area should build four .. but I think if I see that re-growth is very slow.

to understand .. the trees grow "neighbors" to other trees ..
so in theory it should grow "starting" from central "indigenous park" and spreading like wildfire?

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 19, 2015, 01:20:46 AM
to understand .. the trees grow "neighbors" to other trees ..
so in theory it should grow "starting" from central "indigenous park" and spreading like wildfire?

Not like wildfire without a "plant-only" forester. They will eventually spread by natural means, but not very quickly. In the days before @RedKetchup's "Decorative Trees" I used to build a "town forester" and staff it with one worker, plant only. Then the native forest trees did spread like wildfire within the forester's circle. I forget where I saw this idea, but it is not original to me. If you're obsessive-compulsive enough you can even end up with a single variety of tree by cutting the other varieties. Once @RedKetchup gave us a way to plant trees exactly where we wanted them, the town forester seemed like too much work.

A Nonny Moose

I just tried an experiment with keeping food production somewhat higher than demand.  At around 350 population level, I suddenly got a drop in production that was seemingly unexplained and found myself with general starvation in spite of having lots of fields in production, lots of distribution centres (Markets), and lots of storage.  Is there some pernicious thing in the program that insists on a crop failure crisis?  It happened over two Sim-years without warning of any kind.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

irrelevant

What crops were you growing, in what size fields, with how many farmers? A harvest can be wrecked by late frost in spring or early frost in autumn, but much depends on how many squares you have per farmer and which crop you are planting.