News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Request for help understanding .rsc files

Started by salamander, October 04, 2014, 06:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Absolutely fucking wonderful. Complete reinstall of both the game and modkit. Thankfully the game itself wanted to launch now without being an arse. But upon loading the modkit with the "no changes" mod, the game still crashes. Great.

Apparently I'm too much of an idiot to see what is wrong, so any ideas?

Package.rsc
PackageFile tmpmod
{
    String _name = "tmpmod";
    String _author = "Pangaea";
    String _description = "Mod some shit.";
    String _icon = "icon.png";
    int _userVersion = 1.0;

// all files in resource directory
    String _includeList
    [
        "*"   
    ]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
    String _excludeList
    [
        "Package_*.crs"
        "*.pkg"
        "*.pkm"
    ]
}

All I've changed is 15 to 20 for cropfield size in Cropfield.rsc (under createdrag), put under Template in mymods/tmpmod. Nothing else is changed, though I also get the same nonsensical error without the change, so with the original file.

Then I use this line of command to launch the modkit version of the game.
..\..\bin\x64\Application-x64-profile.exe /pathres ../mymods/tmpmod /pathdat ../mymods/tmpmod/bin

I've done the exact same stuff before when making the mods I published, but now I just get errors.

The modkit launches, but when I create a new game so the modkit can do its thing with the .crs files, it crashes with the same message as above.

irrelevant

Have you posted this issue on the Shining Rock forum? Luke seems to be monitoring those and offering help, since so many folks are having problems.

Sorry for your pain. This must be maddening.

Pangaea

I haven't posted it there yet, and it is indeed maddening. Don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but who knows...

Edit: I've posted it over there now, so here's hoping Luke sees it and knows what is going on.

Pangaea

Still get errors when trying to make stuff in its own folder, but at least I can edit the original files in place and get to see what's going on, so I did that. Recreated the Better fields mod, and played with some funky options. Building crops across rivers and auto-flattening mountains was kinda fun :D But roads stumped me too, and I tried copying in cleararea from cropfields, but it didn't have any effect, so I suppose this is hardcoded, and we can't use stuff like "bool _flattenGround = false;"