News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Dark Age setting?

Started by DesoPL, July 10, 2017, 04:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

Any ideas might be possible make some dark age buildings? No new production chains etc.

RedKetchup

dark age buildings ? is it a game ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I think he wants some dark age building made to use in banished.

Not sure what dark age buildings are though. Caves? Tents? Maybe buildings similar to Toms The North Mod with grass on the roof.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

DesoPL

Something like that, i apologize for confusing.

RedKetchup

so it is a game ? or a 3D to sell ? or a miniature table design made per an miniature artist in his cave?

cause picture 1 and 3 we clearly see they are a reproduction based on a real building (pict 2)

the good question : i guess it is faisable, it is mostly a matter to get the good textures in hands, and those picture cannot serve as texture. you need good perpendicular sight of the walls/roof/items or good texture replacements.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

I got difficulty to find, since idk if in real world was early medieval or what.

The Pilgrim

The "Dark Ages" were the period basically from the fall of the Roman empire to around the begin in of the crusades/early medieval era. Think Charlemagne etc..

ancientmuse

When I think dark ages, I think of rugged stone houses (or rough wood logs) with thatch roofs, branch/twig fences, branch/twig walls for shacks that functioned as pig styes and sheep pens.... basically very rugged looking simple buildings made from simple materials.

Basically a time before white plaster or shaped stones or bricks were used for buildings, only the wealthy merchants and aristocrats could afford to build homes like that... the average working citizen lived in squalor.

The dark ages was a time of extremely poor citizens who made homes out of whatever material was easily (and cheaply) available from their immediate surroundings with very little tools so they just slapped together whatever they could with what they had to work with. 

Uneducated, unable to read or write, famine, disease, slave labour, religious persecution... a very dark time in human history indeed.