News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Anyone playing Frostpunk?

Started by solarscreen, December 27, 2019, 03:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Found this on sale on Steam. It's a city building survival game. I am on vacation currently but will start playing this game soon.  Anyone playing? Looks pretty good.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

angainor88

It is very good! But extremely difficult, and, while there is a continuous mode, the game is very story driven, unlike Banished.

I did obsessively play it for at least a month haha

Milksoup

I liked Frost Punk.  Found it hard to get into at first but once I got going on it, I like it.

A lot like Banished once you get your town started it gets a little easier (at least in sandbox which is all I really focused on).

Like banished, it too can get repetitive after a while and really needs mods to keep the interest going.

theonlywanderer

I tried, but couldn't get in to it.   I feel like the numbers are out of whack.   There is some kind of power cell or something and they are so limited it just seems ridiculous.   I'm just not in to games where the level of management requires constant attention non stop.  It was just constantly throwing stuff at you, be it the whiny little jerks who didn't understand the necessity to have to work or die or the constant issue of not enough supplies to build and not enough people to get anything done.  It was just constant issue after issue and very slow paced even with the speed up option.   Basically, just not my type of game.

Milksoup

Yeah, first time I tried it I thought "this is pretty weak for the genre", but I decided to give it a second try and somehow got immersed in it.

Artfactial

I really want to try it sometime, it looks amazing. Very depressing and indeed hard though.
Speaking of it: the Humble store currently has it and many other citybuilder type games on sale.:)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/city-builder-sale/?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_twos_tile_index_2_c_citybuildersale_2020