News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

That Good Ole Spreadsheet Itch... It Got Me!

Started by MarkAnthony, June 28, 2019, 03:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

See, will you look at that?!

I went to bed after 4 AM, woke up a hair after 7 AM and have been in the forums here ever since I woke up! Nap? What nap?!  I'm so pumped about getting started on this that I'm all "wired" as if on a caffine high!

ROFL  :P

Naps!  Pfft, thhbt! Those are for babies!
*will take a nap later for sure*

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

moonbelf

Wish you the best of everything for working on that(those) spreadsheets! Keep talking to us, I love it :)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on June 28, 2019, 02:19:18 PM
Wish you the best of everything for working on that(those) spreadsheets! Keep talking to us, I love it :)
Aww, thanks @moonbelf  :D

And yeah, I took a three hour nap!  rofl

MarkAnthony

Alright, so this is where I am at right now with the spreadsheet:

For Banished (vanilla):

• I got all of the buildable structures entered into it with all of their various data points such as: footprint size, radius (if any), building material costs, maximum number of builders/workers allowed, professions they are used for and so on. One thing I still need to figure out on some of those are their capacities; not so much for the homes or storage areas but for the production structures - I don't know how much materials they can hold (or whether or not that even matters).
  • I haven't yet gotten around to entering all of the produced items in game yet. I also need to figure out their assigned weight values too along with their assigned flags and etc,.
  • Thanks to @Nilla - I also determined how many grave markers each possible size of a cemetery can hold.
And that's where I last was with Banished (vanilla) before I drifted off-course...

Now I started another section of my spreadsheet dedicated to the majority of @Discrepancy 's mods!!!
The ones that I am using now that is, 46 in count. Wow! Just wow! LOL  :D I am way too far into it now to change my mind about going further. That was with me just now completing the easier part of it all that had me going Wow!  As in, what the heck did I just get myself into?!  Hehe  ??? So yeah, 46 of Discrepancy's mods included into the spreadsheet is one enormous task that's for sure and I am doing this with them all installed at the same time, not one by one.

Discrepancy's DS Mods (46 count):

• I just now, after two days of effort got every single piece of the game entered into the spreadsheet - that's just their names and toolbar button locations (if any) that they're associated with that I got entered; I haven't even started the most tedious job of all which is getting the details for each and every item entered!  ??? For me this is just going to be Wow x 10! (overwhelming)!
  • So, I entered every single structure that can be built in the game with the DS mods
  • I also entered every single item in game that can be placed down somewhere (decorations)
  • I entered every single item that can be produced in the game via production structures or otherwise and I filled out about half of all of their details such as by what profession they were produced by, their flags and etc., trading post values and more.
I'm so dizzy right now, that's all I can think of at the moment that I got accomplished so far.

Fun fact kind of (well not really from my perspective of the tasks that lay before me):

• Banished (vanilla) has 31 structures you can build in the game.
  • The 46 DS mods of Discrepancy's that I am using have 428 structures that can be built along with 161 items marked as "Decoration" for a DS grand total of 589 items in game that can be placed down on the game map somewhere!!!
  • The 46 DS mods of Discrepancy's that I am using have 118 different items that can be produced by those said structures!
  • For a grand finale total of 738 entries in my spreadsheet that I still got to enter all their details for!   ??? :P :'(
"I don't gotta do nuttin'!"  -- I know this, this is of my own choosing of course; but making a spreadsheet for Banished is something I want to do because I do it for all the games I've played that I have enjoyed. This is only "Part A" of the whole job anyhow, the data entry part of it. I still need to develop and design the parts of the spreadsheet that I and any other willing users would actually use or look at.  All this data I have entered so far (with more still to do) is just for the back-end of the spreadsheet - the part no one else touches or sees.

So yeah, I'm going to be busy with this for quite some time. But damn! 46 mods, not just Banished (vanilla) and one mod, or two, but 46!!!  Hehe!  Eeek!

All this said... I cannot even imagine the work that these modders do on their and our behalf. I am so grateful to them for making a new game I enjoy, even better!

/salute and /hat tip to all the Banished modders! We appreciate you.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on July 07, 2019, 01:14:46 PM
All this said... I cannot even imagine the work that these modders do on their and our behalf. I am so grateful to them for making a new game I enjoy, even better!

/salute and /hat tip to all the Banished modders! We appreciate you.  :)

you are welcome :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

:) very interesting.

Hopefully you don't get a headache or disheartened from continuing if I'm always changing things in my mods! ;) I can't even keep up with myself.