News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

You are welcome @PhillipAlexander  i hope you enjoy being in here :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Hi guys and gals; good to be aboard :)

Thanks goes out to solarscreen who managed to get me in here, after some muck-up with my registration. Cheers dude :)

RedKetchup

solarscreen

@Pangaea, glad you joined us!  You had to try a little harder than the rest but we got it done!  lol

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Pangaea

Thanks guys. A lot of catching up to do now, as I haven't played the game in months. I probably got a bit fed up of it back then after playing too much, but the candle is re-lit now :)

Mr_Maison

Hello everyone.
Glad to make it into this party. Discovered this site from one of Redketchup post over at Shiningrock.
BTW RK, and Solarscreen, thanks for the help getting me in here.

Been lurking since yesterday and have to say I like what I see here so far and it helps to see familiar fellow builders from other sites here too.

RedKetchup

Welcome on World of Banished Mister Maison :)

solarscreen

Quote from: Mr_Maison on September 21, 2014, 09:50:06 PM
Hello everyone.
Glad to make it into this party. Discovered this site from one of Redketchup post over at Shiningrock.
BTW RK, and Solarscreen, thanks for the help getting me in here.

Been lurking since yesterday and have to say I like what I see here so far and it helps to see familiar fellow builders from other sites here too.

Welcome!  Glad I could help. 
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Mahnogard

Yay! I found everyone (thanks to Solarscreen's posts over yonder). I tend to wander away from game communities as I go off to play other games, then I circle back around. Nice to see so many familiar faces from the SR forum. :)  **waves** I've got some serious catching up to do!

RedKetchup

Bobbi

Glad you found us, we are glad to have you!

irrelevant

michaelrym

Hi, just joined today after many futile attempts. Have been reading up the Banished fora for a couple of weeks; it's a while since I liked a new game this much. You see, I'm one of those freaks that are into survival mode in games - the moment I've accumulated tons of stuff or got to the Nth level, I lose interest.

Love the mods you guys have been coming up with. I was wondering today whether it's possible to do something that wouldn't force one into going the hunting route at the start. Fishing's pretty useless as a protein alternative because you need the leather for the clothes. If there was another source of clothing early on (I always play Adam and Eve), fishing would become a viable early choice.

Sorry to go off on a tangent like that. So hello everyone, I'm also very impressed by the cities you have managed to build! I'm not sure I can match that, even though I'm an experienced gamer.

RedKetchup

Mahnogard

Hi Michael! Welcome! To avoid hunting, I'd say you'd have to initially keep your people working very close to home so they can get warm, then prioritize trading as early as possible to get wool and wool-bearing animals. (We have two now, because of the Llama mod, which is my favorite thing right now. :D Llamas!!!) Check out the thread for the Vegetarian Challenge - might be some stuff in there you'll find useful. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=224.0 It's more hardcore than what you want to do, and I haven't actually read the thread, but there are probably some strategy notes in there to get around the hunting problem.