News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Deco Plants 4.1

Started by kid1293, December 05, 2016, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I have brightened the colours a little bit.

The trees loose leaves in autumn.

elemental

Quote from: brads3 on December 13, 2016, 01:23:33 PM
elemntal's lilacs i thought were too bright with not enough green mixed in. and the lilacs and shrubs should have been shorter. his lilacs were as tall as a maple tree. but he did really good with the daffodils and petuna's or pansys.

Funny you should say that about the lilac being as tall as a maple tree because you are absolutely spot on, and there's a very good reason for it - all of my trees except for the willow and wisteria are based on the CC maple tree. I don't have any control over the shape or size of any of those plants. They can be scaled up or down a bit and the final release will have a bit more variation in size (hopefully), but the standard size is the size of the CC trees they are based on. And of course the file I released here was only a test.  :)

The lilac was one of the first I made and it isn't one of my personal favourites. The flowers are way too big. They actually look more like rhododendrons. Colours... well some are very bright, some are not so bright. The final release colours will be a bit different. I actually took some of the brighter ones out of the final mix but then I saw some megamod screenshots, and the ones people were using the most were the brighter ones. So I put them back in.

The daffodils I really like, but again they are too big. They are nearly as tall as a person! Same reason as the lilac - daffodils, geranium and iris are all based on the CC grape vine (which is a tree as far as the game is concerned). Unfortunately if the daffodils were made to the right scale they would just be little yellow specks on green stalks. They look OK from a distance, so long as there are no people standing right next to them. The CC tulips have the same problem, so it's not just me.  :)

I didn't make any petunias or pansies so I'm not sure which one you mean there. Wisteria or iris, perhaps? The iris in the test file is very drab but I've made others in lots of different colours. I think there are far too many of them in that clump, but again, it's based on a CC plant and that's just how it is.  :)

brads3

ELEMENTAL, i dont use the zoom mod to get really close up. so you may be right on those flowers being larger than i think.the size you set them at looks really good from the vanilla zoom setting thou.where as other decorations dont show up well enuf. as to scale,can the plants be scaled by just changing the scale and then resave the mod??? or does each piece of the plant have to be rescaled?? in the old GE for farming simulator,you could change the scale once you had a building or set established and it would change the whole thing.  did you give up on contining the plants or have you made progress on others also?

elemental

Whoever makes the mod can change the size (I think - I don't actually do any 3D modeling or modding, so I'm not sure how it works) so that would be Kralyerg. I did request some different sizes for the final version.

kid1293

Hi!
I'm testing a new bush. (maybe too thin)
With flowers that disappear in autumn.
Have made most of it but I'm not sure yet.
It looks like a bouquet stuck in the ground. :) :)
And flowers almost give me motion sickness.  ;D

brads3

i see. maybe make the flower heads smaller and move them out on the branches? can the branching start closer to the ground as well?

kid1293

Little bit smaller heads - check
Move them out a bit - check
Remove bit of stem - check

Thanks @brads3 !!  :)

brads3

i am glad you like suggestions KID. sometimes i get concerned bout giving constructive criticism or asking too much. dont want to upset modders.can we get a zoomed out pic? are these plants set like the others a center,1 corners? how hard is thorsn to add? i'm thinking the 2nd plant in from the left could be a rose with a lil tweaking and just make several different colors.

kid1293

I read and think about all suggested.
If I don't answer - it is sometimes that the idea is
nothing more than a 'I want this/that'. I need some information
to work with.

About roses. Thorns are hopeless to make. All I can offer
is some picture of a branch with maybe some visible
prickly things. :)
Not to talk about the rose flowers. They are very 3D. Like balls.
If you move around in game they will look deflated unless
I model a flower. And then they will not disappear in winter...
I'll have a look tomorrow.

Here's a picture from above.
I have changed the flowers to something not so colourful.
More in line with other things in game. And another bit smaller.
Now they look nice. (edit - and the grass is brighter)

Abandoned

Very pretty flowers, nice that the flower will not be blooming in winter.  Good colors.

kid1293

Thanks. :)

Here are (after suggestion from Brads3) Roses (3 of them).

I put them with bushes for now. Will be in DecoPlants later.
They have their own icon.

Discrepancy

:) very nice.
They are beautiful, we can now finally have almost complete gardens.

Nilla

Very nice! I'm definitely not the flower expert. I seldom Build(?) let any grow. But as I played with the Mega Mod lately, I really missed natural looking flowers. Most of the existing ones are too big and sometimes the same winter/summer. I don't know, if you are planning to make them buildable everywhere ("ghost version). It think it would be a good idea.

brads3

kid1293

Any more in favor of 'ghosting' them?
(making them buildable everywhere)
Beware, people ignore my trees as well as ghosted ones.
Maybe better to have trees on separate tiles, no?
I hear the audience catch their breath and prepare to
to reach me with a NO, We Want Ghosted!!! :) :) :)

OK, I can prepare for ghosted. Meanwhile I am making
a larger bush.