News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adult Education 'Profession'?

Started by DreamSmith, December 04, 2014, 10:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamSmith

Is there a way to retrain/educate adults.  I don't mind trying to make the thing myself but have no idea where to start.  I'm guessing a ui button that sends the Banished back to school on the Citizen popup?  Another idea I had was to add a book item that would give a progress boost to education, and having education as a need/hunger that can be filled at a school, with spare books.

Any thoughts?

salamander

Other than adults 'wanting' more education, would there be any advantage to having them complete more school ... higher productivity, maybe?  Or, some penalty for not sending them back to school?

rkelly17

I'm with @salamander on this: There needs to be a reason for doing it. Greater productivity, maybe? Happiness boost? Whatever it is, there needs to be an advantage to doing it or a penalty for not doing it. @RedKetchup has produced a college which as of now is a multi-teacher school which can exceed the vanilla school's 20 students. If you go ahead with this you might want to consult with @RedKetchup to see if the college can be modded to provide something the school doesn't. @RedKetchup's monastery also produces books, but for now all you can do with them is trade.

RedKetchup

there is no way to take adults w/o scholarity and make them going back to school and you cannot add a 3rd row of education graduations with benefits.

the moddling part of the game is very very limited to ..... flavor causal items. (modify or create these:) a building ... a profession... a ressource.... cant change the game itself
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DreamSmith

I was mainly thinking or trying to flag educated 'No' to 'Yes', not further education though that is an idea in it's own right.

What about adding a second education age trigger (or is that hard coded too) .