A thought on goats, soap, and what else we could produce... like soap

Started by minikat, January 31, 2015, 09:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minikat

I had a thought last night that didn't die of lonliness and it snowballed out of control.

Yes people have mentioned adding goats to the available livestock, meat and milk is awesome but we already have those things. But what about soap?

We already have a supply for highly acidic ashes (charcoal burners) and either goat's milk or cow milk could be used in conjunction with ashes to make soap. So a soaper building would be pretty neat.

Additionally, what about rendering fat from livestock into lard, tallow, etc for production of soap, candles, and food? We already turn whale blubber into candles and lamp oil. A rendering building could either be its own thing, or be attached to the oil press for seeds.

Thoughts?

salamander

Out of curiosity, how do you see soap, candles etc... being used in the game ... would they be mainly for trading, or would there be some benefit to producing them?  I can see having soap in the houses could be good for health (and would maybe make others around you happier, too  ;) )

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

rkelly17

Quote from: minikat on January 31, 2015, 09:41:16 AM
Yes people have mentioned adding goats to the available livestock, meat and milk is awesome but we already have those things. But what about soap?

. . . .

Additionally, what about rendering fat from livestock into lard, tallow, etc for production of soap, candles, and food? We already turn whale blubber into candles and lamp oil. A rendering building could either be its own thing, or be attached to the oil press for seeds.

Thoughts?

Doesn't the latest version of Colonial Charter include tallow candles? I tried it and decided there was too much stuff in it for me (I admire people who can keep so much information in their heads at once), but I'm pretty sure my butchers were producing tallow and candle-makers were using it.

As for soap, you could probably use it like Colonial Charter uses candles: as a necessary building material for fancy houses. Do commodities enhance happiness? Is it the ale that raises happiness or the tavern? All the other happiness-raisers are buildings (e.g., cemetery, chapel, hospital, herbalist).

afwings

I am working on a soap mod right now .. Trying to figure out the file structures  for a building that collects and consumes a resource

afwings

SOAP IS HERE......

On old beekeeper's Apiary has been converted to a Soapiary and now creates bars of herbal, beeswax soap.  Your citizens will be healthier and your physician will use the soap to improve health.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=75

Courtesy of zCorp Trading Co.

RedKetchup

sweet !! awesome !!

i need to check that in action :)
once i have the time to do :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

really beatiful!!
thanks!!
great job!!

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

DesoPL

Looks promising, but only if roof color might be changed might be better.