News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

So I can see in this case that a BH is a good short-term solution to a housing shortage. But you still have to do the fake-demolition two-step (or maybe it's a fox-trot or a cha-cha or a tango) to form those new families.

MarkAnthony

I think I'd suck at the Cha-Cha but in my own mind I'm a legend at the Tango!  :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

I always think of True Lies when I think of the tango.

Read the Flowerchild Commune challenge thread for a thorough discussion of BHs. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=792.0

I also blogged my Flowerchild Commune town: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=802.0

MarkAnthony

I recall that scene in the movie now that you mention it.

MarkAnthony

Why are we headed up North @Nilla and @irrelevant:)

I'm coming too, just lemme pack my bags!  :P (Loading...) 

It's been so many years since I stared at a loading screen! Anyone remember that from the original EverQuest?!  ;) Ahh... those were the days!

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

QuoteBecause it's hard as heck!
I thought DSIM was harder at least for me it was but I'm game.  Choosing mods now...

I don't recall if I ever tried playing North with Ironman or not so I added it since @Nilla did; I think I usually played with Norseman. I traded Nilla's tiny mod for just Kid's SmallTownHouse and an extra cart mod, RKCarts. I added Kid's MarketPuzzle for @irrelevant 's market mod.

Then I added me some little piglets and kids (goats) in pajamas!  :P   And other choices for roads, tunnels and bridges and some extra non-vendor storage options. And since I am playing with Distasters on and I usually get tornadoes (that's my luck) I added the NomadsZeroPop mod too.

EDIT: What start choice are you two picking to begin with?

P.S.: Forgot to say --> It's been a while since I used an aging mod, so for me this is gonna feel brutal!   ???

irrelevant

This was my start. I wanted to go a bit easy on myself.... :) No Ironman, it's hard enough without it (this time)  ;)

MarkAnthony

LOL @ the town name!  Say that three times fast without spittle!  :D

irrelevant

Lol, I know! :o

Although obviously, it's pronounced just like it's spelled.

MarkAnthony

Aww... no goats in pajamas for you? They're very hardy northern animals and cute when dressed up and small;)

MarkAnthony

I've never tried the Trapper start before, so now is a good a time as any I suppose.

Worst than not knowing what that start will be like, is I'm still dreading using an aging mod again... and a harder one to boot!

EDIT: I don't know if something is messing with my Limits window or not. I'm not referring to the vertical of the window but the blank limits. I don't remember that in North before. And as far as the Trapper start goes, meh!  :-\ :( I was hoping for better hehe, it's gonna be a rough start I think.

irrelevant

The blank window is the events log; nothing has happened yet  :)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on September 28, 2019, 10:54:18 PM
The blank window is the events log; nothing has happened yet  :)
I said the Limits window, silly!  8)   See how the bottom half is icons only, no labels?

MarkAnthony

Because of the position of the starting Trappers Hut I have to build me three bridges! Pfft!  OR take my chances on the Trapper dying by getting stuck on the other sides.

EDIT: Okay, what the heck, right off the bat they idle! All of them! I have things unpaused and they are not even clearing the job sites. Three seconds into the game, they grab their stuff from their bags and then idle!  >:( The only ones who went to work is the Trapper and the Hunter, the Builder and the three Laborers won't do anything.You don't need a barn to clear these job sites, besides they have a little room in their bags. The stockpile is already built and ready to go so they got places to put stuff.

EDIT AGAIN: All is well, I think. For some reason they wanted me to have them do a couple of trees/stone first before they started working on clearing the sites. I never had that happen before. Normally if you got stuff unpaused and even prioritized they'll immediately start clearing a site. These guys, wanted to warm up with a few swings of their tools first!  Go figure.

Bah! Now it happened again, the Laborers got half way through with clearing the Fishing Dock and then stopped, they did clear the first Goathi and the Builder built that but afterwards they all went idle again. The Builder won't even visit the Chopping Block which doesn't even need to be cleared or built, just visited/touched by a Builder. What gives? Whelp! Now they're dying of starvation.

I'll try again tomorrow morning.