News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Show Us Your Town Squares

Started by rkelly17, May 29, 2014, 12:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

The market square is a central feature of a Banished town. I know we have some creative designers here who have done some beautiful things with squares and parks, so let's see some.

Here are a couple of shots of my latest town square area. It is actually two, one around the market and one done around the site of the original wagon as a memorial to the pioneers. In the middle is a connecting boulevard with the town hall in the middle.

Kaldir

I love the many trees in your town square. I never found a really satisfying way to use them as such, but this looks nice.

Here are two screenshots from my current town.
I adopted several ideas from others, like using the original cart as monument, double bridges and using orchards as tree rows in boulevard kind of roads. It's still a bit of work in progress. I need more stone to upgrade some roads to stone, and I still have to decide which fruit trees look best.

rkelly17

Nice, @Kaldir. I like the "midtown" orchards. Lately I've been using the "town forester" idea. In the town above I haven't started trying to get just one type of tree in the square.

Demonocracy

Those look great!  Beautiful work.

As an aside:  I tried a town square forester to liven the area up a bit.  It livened the area up, but on the zoomed-out view, it didn't look quite natural.

rkelly17

@Demonocracy, yes, the border of the circle can be quite obvious, but as you build it becomes less so--or you can send your minions in the harvest logs every so often.

I've resurrected some of my old towns to show the squares. The first three shots are a town where I was going for two market squares connected by a grand boulevard. There is a shot from either end and then one from the middle.

The fourth picture is a square in early Spring that I like because it is near the river and two lakes. The "wagon memorial" in this one is part of the market square rather than its own location.

Bobbi

Hello, all! As requested, shots of the market square of my Bellevue village, created and still in progress for "Not quite a Challenge". This is a village of vegetarians, no hunting, fishing, or herding. They import wool for coats.

Kaldir

@Bobbi: Nice squares and wide avenues. Love the looks.

Kaldir

One more town square. With the autumn colors I like the different trees on the square. The other tree must be an early christmas tree.

Bobbi

Paeng

@Kaldir: Great idea to turn the cart into a monument! Functional to boot... :-)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Kaldir

@Paeng: thanks, but I only stole the idea from @kangaredditroo, shown in his Solitude town. In fact, there is plenty of ideas I stole from that post.

rkelly17

Right, @Kaldir. I can't count the number of ideas I've lifted from @kangaredditroo, and especially from the Solitude town. Some seriously beautiful work there. It was one of the postings that changed the way I play.

RedKetchup

you guys you often let alot of trees in middle of your towns or squares.....

i always have the ' bad habit ' to always raze everything  :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

A typical scene at my town square.  ;)

RedKetchup

i am raging, i just accepted a batch of nomads like that, around those number... (144)

and took 2 years to get rid of yellow fever.  ???

i am presently switching place my hospitals cause since i started to colonize the north ... people decided to make an interstate the road which pass nearby ???
it became the 666 interstate :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .