News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Images from Castle Rock maps

Started by Gatherer, February 20, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Year 23

Kid's small trading post exports a nice variety of goods.

Bannies want their honey and mead.

A little more progress on the lake.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

is this a record for the longest bridge?

Gatherer

Nah, it's three bridges :D  Bannies will waste a lot of time traveling from one side to the other though. At least they'll be able to warm up at the lighthouse and on the larger island along the way during winter time.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 25

Bannies have removed the old pasture. A new one will be built for sheep along with a church, cemetery and a small market. Had some firewood shortage but since I'm drowning in logs it was easy to solve.

Some modifications in the workers settlement. Even with the new fence and using Necora's impassable empty tiles bannies still climb the mountain.

No new work was done here in the last two years but the view is better in sunny weather.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 27

Necora's boarding house from the Pine Set. Green and grey colours work very well together.

The first island. DS Jetty greenhouse produces cabbage. Lots of little storage here. This is primarily a transit station for bannies when travelling across the bridges. They stop here for food and warmth during winter.

Kid's lighthouse will guide the ships sailing on the lake.

Mr. Red's replacement for the vanilla chapel from his RK Editor Choice mod. A cemetery is planned to be built next to it.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 29

I'm almost at 200 bannies. To meet rising food demands two of Kid's greenhouses will provide turnips. First sheep were bought and have settled in the rebuilt pasture. I've calculated the size to hold exactly 20 sheep.

With raising the lake floor we officially reach the other shore. Warehouse was built to store construction materials for the new docks and food to quickly flood the markets after they are built

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 31

3 TPs are done but not yet operational. I need to get some housing up first. And those bisons have to be "taken care of" as well.

I've finally found time to do some decorating in the Fulbert village.

Last stacked houses are complete in the workers settlement. A couple of these stacks will also be used in the dock town.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 33

With high food reserves bannies can turn all their attention to construction for the next couple of years. Truss bridge will connect the docks with another small island that will be raised from the lake floor. Kid's riverboat market will provide goods for this part of the dock town. Travel time for builders was shortened somewhat by erecting four jetty houses but demands for workers are still higher than the local workforce can provide.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 34

Merchants have spread the word of our big lighthouse that guides ships safely on our lake and now big sail ships are frequent visitors.

This little island is now complete.

Fiat panis.

Abandoned

:)  The big ships really look good on the big lake and the little island looks nice with the few trees added.

Gatherer

Unfortunately we only have the flatten terrain tool to raise ground and it leaves an ugly and tall shoreline. And the raised lake floor has a brown texture. So we are forced to cover all that up with shore walkways, quays, jetty structures and lots of deco stuff. I'd be willing to pay good money for a map editor that would allow creation of natural looking islands.
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

Yes, that would be nice to have islands or even just one big map-size island.  :)  I have not done any experimenting with terrain tool.  I only used it twice when building RK canal.  I see that raised area, your arrangement of the jetty and dock pieces make it look quite natural.  I wonder if deco tile pieces could be made to match the grass texture, maybe that would help.  :)

brads3

there are some roads that work. might not match the terrain perfectly.a verdant road is close. they can not be built on.the 1 that will let you build is a decorative square but then you will have to paint the ground 1 tile at a time. to raise the terrain and give a sloped look there is NECORA's riffle
mod.takes some practice to get used to it. it also is 1 tile at a time thou. very tedious project. the roads do work to fill in after you built ,but then no trees or plants will grow back.

the decorative tiles come with the CC.i use the grassy road mod for a verdant grass.

Gatherer

Year 36

Hospital was needed on this side of the lake and it was decided to place it near water. Bannies believe that fresh air coming from the lake will help alleviate suffering of those that fall ill.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/z7QSCX0/Castle-Rock-XV-Year-36-052.jpg[/img]

Work continues on the docks. One small note to @Discrepancy : Is it possible to add a ghosted 1x1 dock piece at ground level without road tile footprint in a future update if and when that happens? I don't mind if it comes with a small cost of stone.

https://i.ibb.co/qNkF2S4/Castle-Rock-XV-Year-36-053.jpg

Here you can see the rough shape of what I'm trying to achieve. A canal between the extended shore and the island.
https://i.ibb.co/094Lrhs/Castle-Rock-XV-Year-36-054.jpg

I'm still using iron tools for now. Two workers produce enough to keep the tool count at ~800. I do want to make steel tools but for now there's no real need

https://i.ibb.co/kGct503/Castle-Rock-XV-Year-36-055.jpg
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Year 39

Despite heavy traffic on the lake there have been no collisions yet.

Fruit, veg & grain TP and a smaller Protein TP. Wild animals are getting too curious for their own good again. Luckily there's a meat locker between the Protein TP and the bridge.

Fenced livestock TP on the left and its upgraded version (with barrels and carts) on the right which acts as storage.

Dock town island is slowly growing. Several boat houses will be constructed on either side of the walkway leading to the truss bridge.

Closeup on the dock town at roughly 50% built stage.
Fiat panis.