News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Texture Problem

Started by Maldrick, January 22, 2018, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

haha, ok I've found it.

It is conflicting with my tutorial house as I named all the model files as SmallTownHome also, so there is my files for SmallTownHomePoints, and Maldricks.

Kralyerg should delete my mod as I don't think it is needed.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 01, 2018, 10:08:45 PM
haha, ok I've found it.

It is conflicting with my tutorial house as I named all the model files as SmallTownHome also, so there is my files for SmallTownHomePoints, and Maldricks.

so if he wants to keep both.... need to rename one of those :)

THANKS you ALL for the problem resolution :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

I just loaded what I sent him and recompiled...tested...No problems.

Naming...No, it's called SmallTownHome in the code because that's what Discrepancy's tutorial called for.  Wasn't expecting to having it added to MegaMod...He messaged me after I posted it so I sent him the source.  So it's probably conflicting with Discrepancy's if anything.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 01, 2018, 10:08:45 PM
haha, ok I've found it.

Yeah I'm sure that's it.

He can delete mine, if he wants.  I'll have another mod ready before too long.

I'll need to fix that in the download at some point.  In the meantime I'll put a note in there that it conflicts with Discrepancy's.

@Discrepancy Which mods of yours have that house? So I can make sure I put a complete list in the warning.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Discrepancy

It is only the tutorial house : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=111 Small Town Home

I have found my sourcecode for it and am changing all my files to DSSmallTownHome

I will update it shortly.

Maldrick

Well, don't go to a lot of trouble.  It's my mod causing this conflict.

So, aside from the one you linked, there should be no problems with DSSV or any of the other sets?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on February 01, 2018, 10:27:06 PM
Well, don't go to a lot of trouble.  It's my mod causing this conflict.

So, aside from the one you linked, there should be no problems with DSSV or any of the other sets?

Maldrick

just to know, when you are making a mod and naming files, you need to put unique own names each time, each building. you cannot name them all *SmallTownHome*.rsc. at some point you will notice it :) and you ll get conflits. each time to do a new building, you have to get new unique names for the files for every buildings.

i know you are just starting and it was your first mod :) but you didnt made unique names, you just took the discrepancy tuto names files :)

and thats ok ! you are starting to learn... and thats something you've learned today :)
Keep UP the good work Bro !!

Maldrick

Ya, I knew that, but didn't occur it would be a problem deeper in the code than the root stuff.  Plus, it was one of those things where I was just going to do the tutorial and move on to something else but started adding and changing things and it became its own mod.

I'm going to put a note in the download and discussion section until I can get it updated properly.

Which files actually conflict?  Is it absolutely everything or are there particular files I can rename to avoid the conflict?

Thanks for the encouragement.  Having fun with this and pretty stoked about the one I'm working on now.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on February 01, 2018, 10:44:41 PM

Which files actually conflict?  Is it absolutely everything or are there particular files I can rename to avoid the conflict?

Thanks for the encouragement.  Having fun with this and pretty stoked about the one I'm working on now.

everything named *SmallTownHome*
everyone use a code to be sure to not conflict with someone else. i put RK in front of everything, and then i can add GW after RK for my personal use like : RK (me) GW( gardenwalls) and then i put whats left of the name depending on purpose.... like HouseBrick... foundry.... etc

and it would give like RKGWhousebrick.rsc ... RKGWhousebrickBuild01Mesh.rsc ... RKGWhousebrickBuild02Mesh.rsc ... etc or
RKGWfoundry.rsc ... RKGWfoundryBuild01Mesh.rsc ... RKGWfoundryBuild01Mesh.rsc ... etc

or NMT30 in front for my medieval town 3.0 like in that screenshot. :)

Discrepancy

Basically you have to remember when someone loads a mod they will have added things to their games folder structure which is the same as the structure we make in the modkit...

In the Template folder:
If 2 mods have building templates called FishingSpot.rsc, only one will load,

Same as in Dialog, Models, MaterialInstance, etc, etc, all of them actually. That is why it is safer to put a prefix (I use DS) in front of the files we create.

I have updated my small town home, I don't think your mod will conflict with anything else now - DSSV is safe as I had already named everything with the DSSV prefix.

:)

Maldrick

Cool, I was just curious as to which particular files were the key ones. Ya, I'm using the MD prefix on everything.  Just didn't on this one because of the particular situation with it.  Won't be an issue going forward.

I renamed everything, also, and updated the download here.  Will send the updated source to @kralyerg momentarily.

RedKetchup

Maldrick

Since naming issues comes up...

It's just the file names within the mod that can conflict, right?  The strings for display names in-game can repeat?  Like, I'm sure I've seen "Small House" and the like across multiple mods and had no problems.

About to start coding for my current project and just thought I'd ask so I don't paint myself in a corner to sort out later.

RedKetchup

the string text in the string table can be same, it is not real, only the words , or strings of letters, that appear in our monitor.

Maldrick

Awesome, thanks RK.  I thought so, but thought I would confirm so as to avoid problems.