News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

;D Hello everyone !!!

That's it ! My new project :) Rise of the Pharaoh.

Rise of the Pharaoh is 'Egyptian theme based' mod for Banished which will be best played on [CC : Desert maps].

Where i can start to show all i did?
When we think about Egypt , we first think about Big Pyramids (it will come, not done it yet).

So i will start by what i ve done first :) Statues and Sphinxes

so far i did 8 statues and sphinxes. Some, like statues, are standing high and tall, and some, like the sphinxes, are long and big.
all statues and sphinxes will be offer in 3 different sizes :) Small, Medium, and Large.
- the statues will be 1x2 ; 2x2 ; 2x3 tiles (130% bigger than the previous)
- the sphinxes will be 2x4 ; 3x6 ; 4x9 tiles (150% bigger than previous)
of course, each size will cost more and more stones and work/workers to build.

enough talking , lets show you the pictures :D

Statue: Annubis

Statue: Cat

Sphinx: Falcon Head (Horus)

Statue: Horus

Sphinx: Human Head

Sphinx: Jackal Head (Annubis)

Sphinx: Ram Head

Statue: Mummy (mummy style)

-----------

Who talks about Egypt also talks about Obelisks, Egyptian Glyphed Obelisks :)
For the moment i did one obelisk which i provided in 3 different size : 1x1, 2x2, and 3x3 tiles. they all proportionnal so they go bigger and bigger and taller ^^

Let see some pictures :)

at begining i did 1x1 2x2 4x4 , but i noticed 4x4 was really too big, do i scaled it down to 3x3.

------------

On one of these pictures, i am sure you notice an Egyptian boat ^^. you are right, i did an Egyptian Boat as decoration. to have the merchant use it, we need to setup some animations, and we arent sure what everything a such boat animation needs to work properly in the game, so for the moment it is a decoration and no further plan to do more with it. will see

-----------------

and then i did the housing part :)

Egyptian Common Houses : Used by the common egyptian citizens, this set is coming in 4x4(+1) exactly like the vanilla wooden and stone houses. same size.
i wont do a specialized 2-3 story egyptian because it is not really the theme for it. Egyptians didnt expand alot in high, but more in width and lengh.

Like the wood/stone houses , i did 6 models (maybe more to come later) and they will all alternate automatictly or with "F" keybind
I made them very simple, as they did milleniums ago.

Model 1

Model 2

Model 3

Model 4

Model 5

Model 6

------------------

I am doing presently the Temple part dedicated to the Egyptian Gods :) We all know Ra, Anubis, Horus, Isis.... were extremly important in the egyptian culture.
So I started to make those :)

Temple 01 : <insert god>

Temple 02 : <insert god> (small temple acting like a small chapel)

----------------

This is what i did so far :)
and yeah ... i finally opened my mouth hehehe

More to come as i do models to go with it :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Very cool. I suppose there will be Egyptian themed shops and stuff later? Don't know much about Egypt, will have to run off and study.  :-[

RedKetchup

Gatherer

Excellent work Mr. Red!!!

Will you be also giving citizens a more Egyptian looking clothes?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

thats the plan, everything will be replaced by an egyptian version :)

but strange, i would think more people excited by this project!  :o

MightyCucumber

Awesome work Red! :O

Definitely brings some fresh air to the mod pool, it's good to see some historic mods as well! Definitely eager for this mod! I know it's hard, but I hope you try to make Camels as a livestock option, eheh.  ::)

I especially like the last house with the awning, you really should explore that option more, it looks really really nice!

Really curious as to what resources and shops/buildings it'll have, I know very little about the ancient egyptian times (aside the fact that they used extensive irrigation systems to draw water from the Nile into their crops).

grammycat

I'm very excited about this project!  It's finally something that looks "right" for those desert maps.  Are you going to do Egyptian temples?  Also they knew how to make faience glass which was made using silica/sand and copper for coloring-so maybe an Egyptian glassmaker?  And that canal system you made would be perfect for this theme!

RedKetchup

Quote from: MightyCucumber on January 26, 2016, 07:38:47 AM
Awesome work Red! :O

Definitely brings some fresh air to the mod pool, it's good to see some historic mods as well! Definitely eager for this mod! I know it's hard, but I hope you try to make Camels as a livestock option, eheh.  ::)

i wish too (being able to do animals and animal animations ^^

I especially like the last house with the awning, you really should explore that option more, it looks really really nice!

yeah me too :) i know all the 'stores' and 'markets' will have, i am just scared to have the housing part looking too much as 'store' ^^
but definately, the awnings makes egyptian buildings looking more egyptian :)

Really curious as to what resources and shops/buildings it'll have, I know very little about the ancient egyptian times (aside the fact that they used extensive irrigation systems to draw water from the Nile into their crops).

they effectively had some irrigation technology, but their biggest gifted by gods was the fact, the Nile, every year, once a year, the Nile was getting out of its bed and fertilized the good lands :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on January 26, 2016, 07:41:11 AM
I'm very excited about this project!  It's finally something that looks "right" for those desert maps.  Are you going to do Egyptian temples?  Also they knew how to make faience glass which was made using silica/sand and copper for coloring-so maybe an Egyptian glassmaker?  And that canal system you made would be perfect for this theme!

yes i will do the temples too :) as much as accurate i can find pictures of those :)

egyptian were good glass makers and also another technology i will add is 'marbles'. it will also required to build the most famous temple :)

Doctor_Dodo

Oh, no you didn't Red :) I've been lurking around for the past days, waiting for any news about what you've been up to. And this is just swell. And for me something very unexpected. I find Ancient Egypt such an interesting historical period, and what you've posted so far looks amazing, so I'm sure this will be one of my absolute favourite Banished mods. Good job! I instantly thought - what about temples, will there be any temples, but I hate asking someone who's contributed so much to do more, so I'm glad someone else brought it up :)

michbret

This new theme is really exciting.

It has a huge potential in creating a totally new look and feel for banished.

Thanks Red for all your creations

Michel

RedKetchup

Quote from: michbret on January 26, 2016, 10:42:23 AM
This new theme is really exciting.

It has a huge potential in creating a totally new look and feel for banished.

Thanks Red for all your creations

Michel

yeah I LOVE this Egyptian architecture :) so nice and easy to do :) and look awesome :)
doing presently one of the temple :) the ingame church has 12x10 tiles.... so i decided to make it 10x10 (including road)

i made the front part so far :)

Bobbi

So I looked up some stuff on ancient Egypt. I don't know what time period you are focusing on. Building materials were primarily brick and stone, so those are two industries to focus on. Pottery was big, so your clay mine fits in, maybe an Egyptian pottery shop. They wore linen clothing made from flax, so add flax to an Egyptian tailor. They ate lamb, goat, vegetables, fruit and a lot of bread. They also drank a lot of barley beer.  Bread was made from barley. So some important crops are barley and flax. A new crop should be papyrus, which in addition to paper, was made into sandals, rope and baskets. Jewelry was a big thing, but other than as a trade item I don't know where it could fit in.
This could be a lot of fun....

RedKetchup

very very good infos @Bobbi  :) very usefull ! Thanks you !!!!!
gonna copy paste that in a txt so i dont forget :)

--------------

Meanwhile i just finished the rear part of this temple :)
i just need to find out this is the temple of what ? / a temple of a god ?